Jun 19, 2013, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the Fish
The simple answer is yes. But not on a Phantom unless you mount it outside the canopy. There is simply not enough room.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2013, 08:17 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
well, its been very poorly managed and marketed. I guess it was never really said that this was specifically marketed for the phantom, but it was implied. If a hardware update is required for the phantom, then DJI should be offering it at a discount for suckered Phantom owners who purchased a phantom recently knowing a "plug and play" gimbal was on the way. Or include it with the gimbal, for a slight surcharge.

Also, if the final price of a phantom and a gimbal is actually $1600, theres a lot of quads out there for that price. Alas, I am one of the suckers who now own a phantom, and would rather have a 550 or UAV quad.

So disgusted at it all, but I will probably go ahead and buy it: but it better be flawless in its performance, of DJI will start getting flamed in public forums.
Jun 19, 2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
The simple answer is yes. But not on a Phantom unless you mount it outside the canopy. There is simply not enough room.
Thanks,i have F550, Naza M V2 +GPS , iOSD , DJI 5.8 reciever/transmiter set and a CCD pilots camera. I just maidened the F550 last night and i am waiting on the gimbal before i put all of the AP /FPV gear on board.
Jun 19, 2013, 08:23 AM
All who have questions about the hardware requirements of this gimbal as wellas questions about the video downlink will find the PDF manual from DJI innovations most helpful. I downloaded it yesterday and it answered all my questions...
Jun 19, 2013, 09:00 AM

Zenmuse H3-2D - GoPro remote Start / Stop ?

What this means remote Start / Stop GoPro cameras?
How and why?
The new manual Zenmuse H3-2D about is not a word ...
Jun 19, 2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the Fish
The Zen15 has this feature to take a picture or start recording from you Tx. I am assuming that with the 20 pin connector on the back of the GoPro you can control the camera functions. From there it is just coding to enable those commands. I believe this is a feature for future upgrades to the software. I wish DJI would stop doing this, pre-announcing features that they are working on but not yet available. It only leads to frustration on the part of users.
Jun 19, 2013, 10:34 AM
I thought so, but given that 90% (or more) Phantom users uses stock Tx (without the next channel) he had bought with the plane, so I described it thus seems very strange without further description
Jun 19, 2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople
well, its been very poorly managed and marketed. I guess it was never really said that this was specifically marketed for the phantom, but it was implied. If a hardware update is required for the phantom, then DJI should be offering it at a discount for suckered Phantom owners who purchased a phantom recently knowing a "plug and play" gimbal was on the way. Or include it with the gimbal, for a slight surcharge.

Also, if the final price of a phantom and a gimbal is actually $1600, theres a lot of quads out there for that price. Alas, I am one of the suckers who now own a phantom, and would rather have a 550 or UAV quad.

So disgusted at it all, but I will probably go ahead and buy it: but it better be flawless in its performance, of DJI will start getting flamed in public forums.
I agree, poorly managed and marketed indeed. Does the (not included) PMU even fit inside of the Phantom along with all of the other stuff? Also, what about the 7th channel tilt control? I see no parts in the DJI picture of the gimbal that reflect it's included - is that extra as well? Come on DJI, show some professionalism!! Pay some attention to your existing customers! Sheesh! Are you that ignorant of the easiest customers to access for this product?
Last edited by Swyft; Jun 19, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
Jun 19, 2013, 11:15 AM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Just finished reading through the Zenuse H3 download pdf manual.

DJI has to do a better job of providing a better understandable (and proofread) English version.

It's inexcusable.

- - david
Jun 19, 2013, 02:21 PM
On page 10 of the latest Zenmuse H3-2D User Manual v1.02 it shows the difference in wiring requirements between Naza-M V2 vs. V1.

My Phantom has the original V1 (Red) Naza-M controller.

The Zenmuse H3_2D comes supplied with the Gimbal Control Unit (GCU). In the attached illustration, that's the white box.

The newer Naza-M V2 (Orange) comes with its own Power Management Unit (PMU), but I understand we have to buy that separately for our older Naza-M V1 (Red). I understand that.

My question is, what is that other box? What is an "LED V-SEN" and is that something else that we will need to buy separately?
Jun 19, 2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbip57
On page 10 of the latest Zenmuse H3-2D User Manual v1.02 it shows the difference in wiring requirements between Naza-M V2 vs. V1.

My Phantom has the original V1 (Red) Naza-M controller.

The Zenmuse H3_2D comes supplied with the Gimbal Control Unit (GCU). In the attached illustration, that's the white box.

The newer Naza-M V2 (Orange) comes with its own Power Management Unit (PMU), but I understand we have to buy that separately for our older Naza-M V1 (Red). I understand that.

My question is, what is that other box? What is an "LED V-SEN" and is that something else that we will need to buy separately?

it the standard LED who come with the NAZA V1
Jun 19, 2013, 02:32 PM
Suspended Account
The LED V-SEN is the BEC/LED that the stock NAZA V1 uses. In the Phantom its moved into the LED that shows out the back where the USB lead goes.
Jun 19, 2013, 02:35 PM
WZ9V, AMA 409852
I'm just curious why all of these GoPro gimbals seem to be designed with the assumption your camera will always be in the mount. At the very least use a thumbscrew for the holder to make it easy to put in and take out.
Jun 19, 2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by animau
it the standard LED who come with the NAZA V1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
The LED V-SEN is the BEC/LED that the stock NAZA V1 uses. In the Phantom its moved into the LED that shows out the back where the USB lead goes.
Ah. Excellent. So nothing additional required there.

The bit from the LED marked as "disconnected" used to be plugged into X3 on the Naza, but that X3 connection is now taken by the PMU, correct?
Jun 19, 2013, 03:12 PM
Suspended Account
The new PMU basically includes the BEC now as I understand it so hence why it replaces that lead that powers the NAZA. The old one really then becomes just an LED and USB interface.

Quick Reply