Mar 19, 2019, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggk
Thanks, thought that was the case. I considered using it as a functional “knee” where the enter lower leg moves for more control authority, however the outer and inner leg are at 15 degree differences and won’t really work on V2. It appears V3 doesn’t have the 15 degree outer leg/body?
Otto, based on videos it seems V2 “flys” fine with regards to elevator and turning (aileron) or should I add more surface area for even basic flying?
Thanks
It flies fine as long as you get the CG correct. It will not turn with the CG too far back.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2019, 05:47 PM
Otto,

1. Am I correct that the V2 has the down thrust built in to the entire body main/large piece or do I need to put that down thrust in with motor mount like i need to do with the 3 degrees of right thrust?

2. Can you remind me where the CG needs to be on V2 62"? Is 1/2” forward of shoulder blades still accurate? I'm getting ready to mount the sevos and want to make sure i do it far enough forward.

3. Ever tried an AXI 2808/24? I have one, seems similar to Eflite 10...

4. I was able to find that mask you put the Fat FPV goggles in, any pix or hits how you mounted it on the ply/foam face?
Thanks
Last edited by greggk; Mar 24, 2019 at 07:31 PM.
Mar 26, 2019, 11:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Otto,

1. Am I correct that the V2 has the down thrust built in to the entire body main/large piece or do I need to put that down thrust in with motor mount like i need to do with the 3 degrees of right thrust?
Yes, you do need to put about 5-7 degrees of down thrust on V2 in addition to the right thrust.

2. Can you remind me where the CG needs to be on V2 62"? Is 1/2” forward of shoulder blades still accurate? I'm getting ready to mount the servos and want to make sure i do it far enough forward.
CG does need to be 1/2 inch in front of the shoulder blade notch.

3. Ever tried an AXI 2808/24? I have one, seems similar to Eflite 10...
Nope. Never tried.

4. I was able to find that mask you put the Fat FPV goggles in, any pix or hits how you mounted it on the ply/foam face?
Thanks
You could glue some foam on either side of the face and glue to that.
Mar 27, 2019, 12:01 PM
Thanks Otto,
Here is my confusion. It says the cutouts are set at a 5 degrees down trust , is that built into V2 ?
Last edited by greggk; Mar 28, 2019 at 08:25 AM.
Apr 01, 2019, 07:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks Otto,
Here is my confusion. It says the cutouts are set at a 5 degrees down trust , is that built into V2 ?
The head ply 1/16 laminents are cut at an angle that sets the down thrust.
Apr 02, 2019, 08:52 AM
Retired CAD guy
This is what it's supposed to look like.

The best example I could find was from circa 2012 .

It is possible that somewhere along the line the 5 deg angle was lost. senior moment , whatever ...

If yours is not 5 deg then cut to match the included pic.
May 13, 2019, 01:55 PM
So i maiden'd V2 IronMan. He flew ok....
At around 1/2 to full throttle he flew with what I would describe as 1/2-3/4 deflection of right rudder if he had one. So lots of yaw to the right thus require me to fly him in a 30+ degree bank to the left to main a heading. So I'm wondering if that's a normal FlyGuy symptom or if I might have more RT thrust then i think or need. Any advice? He did look super cool tho.!!
May 13, 2019, 02:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
So i maiden'd V2 IronMan. He flew ok....
At around 1/2 to full throttle he flew with what I would describe as 1/2-3/4 deflection of right rudder if he had one. So lots of yaw to the right thus require me to fly him in a 30+ degree bank to the left to main a heading. So I'm wondering if that's a normal FlyGuy symptom or if I might have more RT thrust then i think or need. Any advice? He did look super cool tho.!!
Normal new Flyguy. How much right thrust do you have? How does he glide power off? Does sound like too much right thrust. 2-3 degrees is all you need. Usually it is the down thrust where you need 5-7 degrees. If your right thrust is 2-3 then you need to put in some foot adjustment to the left. This should be done to the right foot only so you don't bind the elevon on the left. Take a razor saw and cut vertically at the right inside calf but don't cut through. Bend the foot (my guess) like a 1/2 to 3/4 inch and then run foam safe CA down in the cut and let set with the desired deflection. Repeat this process until he flies correctly.
May 13, 2019, 03:38 PM
Yea thanks Otto, great idea on the foot trim idea. Its seemed to track well at low throttle on landing so it must be mainly a thrust angle issue. I will shim with washers and remove some of the right thrust and see, then do the foot trim idea if that doesn't help. Also, the right elevon where the hinge and control horn are mounted cracked/broke in flight, I wonder if that's because that side was"down" (Left Turning entire flight) fighting the right yaw...

Quick Reply