Flyguy 62 Version 2 - Page 10 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 25, 2013, 05:07 PM
Aus
Aus
ʎןɟ inverted ɹǝpunuʍop
Aus's Avatar
Well done. Your write up is entertaining on its own. Did you get any photos you can share?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus
Well done. Your write up is entertaining on its own. Did you get any photos you can share?
Just these three. We were pretty busy and should have gotten some at the Hollywood sign.
Jun 25, 2013, 06:30 PM
Registered User
dbacon's Avatar
Otto,

We all thank you for taking the time to detail this story. Every word was interesting, even my bride was interested, as we have been following you since the YF-22 I built for our Son.
Jun 26, 2013, 02:17 AM
Well I watched the show and discovered why were canx,,,,, Jimmy's black eye from the weekend needed explanation that took a lot of time and a skit. That displaced us and several other planned bits.
Jun 26, 2013, 08:02 PM
Registered User
dbacon's Avatar
Man,you got the flier so perfect, even down to the colors of his clothes.

Hopefully they will call you back for another try...
Jun 27, 2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon
Man,you got the flier so perfect, even down to the colors of his clothes.

Hopefully they will call you back for another try...
They loved the bit. We will be called back whether it's a day, month or months from now.
Jun 27, 2013, 10:42 PM

Reuters photo and flying session today


Mike Blake a Senior Photographer with Reuters joined us at an HD video flying session and caught some great pictures.
Jun 29, 2013, 11:30 AM

New video of 3Ds


FlyGuy Short Clip (1 min 1 sec)
Jul 01, 2013, 12:39 PM
Registered User
dbacon's Avatar
Very cool. Those 3D ones are spectacular, and I can tell now where they get their lift from. clever!
Jul 01, 2013, 07:08 PM
Actually they fly alright without the inserts, just a little more power.
Jul 01, 2013, 07:21 PM
Registered User
dbacon's Avatar
Very nice, thanks for sharing...
Jul 03, 2013, 06:07 AM
2RK
2RK
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach
Actually they fly alright without the inserts, just a little more power.
Do they use the same motor as the regular Flyguys? BTW, I've just watched your video of the 3D Flyguy ... and when I turned on the TV it was on the news channel (Sky UK)
Jul 03, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RK
Do they use the same motor as the regular Flyguys? BTW, I've just watched your video of the 3D Flyguy ... and when I turned on the TV it was on the news channel (Sky UK)
Thanx for the heads up. We filmed yesterday with Reuters TV. We started with the same motor and no arm inserts and he could just do circles. The arm inserts helped a little but we upgraded to a larger motor running 4s. Let me know if he pops up anywhere else.
Jul 03, 2013, 10:50 AM
Registered User
dbacon's Avatar
Already on the News in England, I'll bet you will get coverage from all over!

It would be interesting to hear from all who have seen it on the media.
Jul 03, 2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon
Already on the News in England, I'll bet you will get coverage from all over!

It would be interesting to hear from all who have seen it on the media.

Reuters came out yesterday and shot video for worldwide distribution. Today they distributed to 650 subscribers a longer version of what they posted on their own site. We also were featured on Sky News, one of the better known news services in Europe.



http://www.reuters.com/video/2013/07...videoChannel=4


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Build: Birdofplay 62" Flyguy Otto Dieffenbach Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 433 Oct 30, 2016 07:54 PM
Build Log Dick's Dream version 2.0 BigIron357 Balsa Builders 89 Jan 26, 2014 10:53 AM
Sold Turnigy 9X mode 2 version 2 with module and Rx --SOLD DirtyThirty Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Jan 12, 2013 07:07 PM
For Sale CVS camcorder version 03.62 darmar Non R/C Items (FS/W) 3 Nov 19, 2006 07:56 PM