Anyone ever heard of BUI BISSAU PG?!?! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 30, 2003, 01:22 PM

Anyone ever heard of GUI BISSAU PG?!?!

I just recieved a bill from AT&T(who is NOT my long distance provider)...a 16 min phone call to GUI BISSAU PG (which I have no idea what/who/where this is) which cost $107.70!!

The called # is 024-529-0102...I tried doing a reverse tracking on it but came up with nothing

Seems I'm not the only one-

http://www.resellerratings.com/forum/t45488.html

Of course the AT&T 1-800 billing inquiries # has been busy for 3 hrs

Anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
Bob

Last edited by P-51 fan; Dec 30, 2003 at 01:43 PM.
Dec 30, 2003, 02:46 PM
My August phone bill was $711.52! I've never had a bill over 40 bucks in my life. There were two calls to some overseas smut outfit that, along with taxes, came to over $670. It took me three months to finally straighten this thing out between my local provider and AT&T. I honestly believe that AT&T (and others) intentionally keep their 800-customer lines busy, trying to frustrate people into paying these charges. After talking to mgmt. people, they agreed to waive all charges, and then I dropped AT&T as my l/d carrier. Got my latest bill yesterday, and I'll be d**mned if I didn't get some charge from AT&T for $11.42 and they haven't been my provider in 2 months. Oh well, back to the phone again. Jim
Dec 30, 2003, 04:30 PM
Useful Idiot
If it's any help, (almost certainly isn't ) Guinea Bissau is in west Africa, ex Portuguese colony.
Dec 30, 2003, 10:29 PM
Great...sounds as tho I have a fight on my hands. I too figured out that it was indeed some kind of smut outfit.... About a month ago my Yahoo mailbox started being overun with these adds...I closed my Yahoo account immediately.

I was unable to get thru to AT&T...what gets me is that I have no service that has anything to do with them....

If I was to have anything to do with some p*r* site, it sure as h**l wouldn't be in WEST AFRICA!!!
Dec 31, 2003, 02:09 PM
Rip th... Bring the Beer!
Just a random thought here on the issue. Make sure you do a virus check on your computer, then download and use a spyware removal program. Some of these nasty buggers can actually use your computer's modem to dial these overseas numbers that will result in obscene bills.

I don't know how common this is, but I know that the Spyware search & destroy program I use looks for and removes these dialer programs.

Hope this helps.

Brad
Dec 31, 2003, 06:37 PM
Brad- Thanx for the info. I'm going to do exactly that. Jim