Feb 20, 2013, 12:28 AM
Koo
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Thread OP
Discussion

Banggood's security cameras, too good to be true?

Here are the two cameras I found.
They both cost less than $20 and come with a protective casing. I'm not super familiar with how security camera specs work, so if someone could shine some light one the specs, that would be awesome. I can be a guinea pig and order one of the two. Just need to decide which one would be a better choice to order.

1/4 Sharp CCD 420TV Line Digital Screw Security Camera With 3.7mm Lens

Quote:
Type:Color CCD Camera
Image Sensor:1/4 Sony Sharp CCD
Singal System:PAL/ NTSC
Effective Pixels:PAL=500(H) x 582(V)
Effective Range:10M
Lens:3.7mm.(6mm,8mm is optional)
IR Lamps:Φ5 36 Lamps
PAL:500X582 NTSC:510X492
Sensor:CCD
Style:Mini Camera
White Balance:Automatic Tracing
Power Requirement:12VDC
Camera Size:13 x 8 x 7 cm
Total Weight: 106g
Net Weight: 47g
1/4 SHARP CCD Digital Color Security Surveillance Video Camera

Quote:
Type:Color CCD Camera
Image Sensor:1/4 Sony Sharp CCD
Effective Pixels:PAL=500(H) x 582(V)
Effective Range:10M
Lens:3.6mm.(6mm,8mm is optional)
IR Lamps:Φ5 36 Lamps
PAL:500X582 NTSC:510X492
Sensor:CCD
Style:Mini Camera
White Balance:Automatic Tracing
Power Requirement:12VDC
Camera Size:13 x 8 x 7 cm
Total Weight:106g
Net Weight: 47g
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2013, 12:37 AM
fly by night
sounds like the similar class of cam as Hobbyking sells for $17. Except the HK one has higher resolution. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...era_NTSC_.html

No WDR, less quality image, bad low light handling, not user adjustable. Why bother when you can get it all for $45 in a pz0420??

I suffered with a couple cams like that when I started out, and wondered why my videos looked so bad and the ground too dark most times. Then i saw the light.

I do not see the case as protective. The only cam i really killed badly was a Seawolf in a super heavyduty case. That extra mass is more likely to launch your cam asunder than having a light boardcam elastic banded on.
Feb 20, 2013, 12:41 AM
Koo
Koo
Thread OP
Well, these have the casing
And I've been given a 600line RMRC cam by anixs back in the day, so I'm just looking for a secondary camera for other projects.
Feb 20, 2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
sounds like the similar class of cam as Hobbyking sells for $17. Except the HK one has higher resolution. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...era_NTSC_.html

No WDR, less quality image, bad low light handling, not user adjustable. Why bother when you can get it all for $45 in a pz0420??

I suffered with a couple cams like that when I started out, and wondered why my videos looked so bad and the ground too dark most times. Then i saw the light.

I do not see the case as protective. The only cam i really killed badly was a Seawolf in a super heavyduty case. That extra mass is more likely to launch your cam asunder than having a light boardcam elastic banded on.
Wait, so you guys really do mount them with their circuitry exposed to the elements? I always thought you hide them inside a dome or shrinkwrap them or something.
Feb 20, 2013, 12:49 AM
fly by night
Here is an old video I made with similar cheap security camera:

(2 min 44 sec)
Feb 20, 2013, 01:26 AM
Koo
Koo
Thread OP
Just the AC adapter is worth like $4 so I might order the cheaper one for kicks and giggles. I could use one on my HT FPV I bought.
Feb 20, 2013, 08:06 AM
FPV'r
can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink..

Quick Reply