Feb 20, 2019, 05:04 AM
Has anyone tried a mod to make the wings removable in 2 pieces ... like Bixler etc. ?
My car ist not so big and my dog always by my side :-)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2019, 05:56 AM
He who stalls....falls!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fchansa
Has anyone tried a mod to make the wings removable in 2 pieces ... like Bixler etc. ?
My car ist not so big and my dog always by my side :-)
This is how they are as standard.
Wings slide together on joiner tube, then plastic top panel joiner holds wings together,
and bolts then hold whole assembly down.
I guess most who make one-piece wing is for convenience, just slam the wing on, or leave model in one piece.
(If your mode of transport permits)
I'm in same boat as you, small car (unless I take the '28 Dodge!) and dog with me. Not good having assembled models
in car if dog sees a kangaroo and tries to give chase from inside car!!
cheers
Feb 20, 2019, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1985D
Not good having assembled models
in car if dog sees a kangaroo and tries to give chase from inside car!!
cheers
Many thx ... an advantage for me: In Germany we have few kangaroos
Jul 26, 2019, 06:25 AM
EthanRC
Well the HK trainstar will be my friends first plane. From reading through the thread i see that people are using 3000mah 30-40C packs. Wouldn't make the plane fly heavy at all? My friend will be running Zippy Compact 2200mah 60C packs and I'm wondering weather or not i shout use some of my 3000s for the maiden flight. Are you using 3000s cause you feel that you don't get enough flight time?. From the videos that I have seen online it is a very good flying plane.
Jul 27, 2019, 11:27 AM
Never enough time...
I'm a cheapskate, and have been using an 1800mah 30c, which flies well but (haven't timed them really) I'd guess 8-10 min? She's so light with that battery you can float around longer if you want. I never do. Ha! Also soldered up a parallel connector for two 1000mah batteries strapped together. Not quite as much power - probably amped out - and slightly heavier. Flies, but not as "fun" (a.k.a. you can just power yourself out of trouble), and I try to stay off the throttle more. I've been swinging a 12x6 prop.
Hmm... Maybe heavier and faster is better?
Aug 23, 2019, 06:05 PM
Alpine Aero Sqdn.
Just got one the other day. Post pics of maiden soon.
Aug 26, 2019, 05:35 AM
EthanRC
I shot some video of mine yesterday. I will post the video here soon. I haven't edited it yet.
Sep 08, 2019, 08:24 PM
EthanRC
I was getting it dialed in yesterday and shot some video. This is on my friends channel.

Hobbyking trainstar (14 min 48 sec)
Sep 09, 2019, 09:07 AM
AutoPilot .
very precise landing
Sep 10, 2019, 07:40 AM
EthanRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpina
very precise landing
Yeah and me taxiing back was fun! . Thanks for the nice comment. I might add flaps so that i can land shorter but, it seemed to pull through.
Sep 10, 2019, 08:44 AM
I prefer your paint scheme. Great flying.
Sep 10, 2019, 10:40 AM
EthanRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Slensker
I prefer your paint scheme. Great flying.
I didn't do the paint job. My dad Cubcrazy did the paint job curtain that the tires are from the Eflite Timber 1.5m. I have thought about doing the flap mod to it however, this is my friends first plane and I don't want him to be using the flaps. I really like this plane and I'm 100% sure that my friend will feel confident flying it too.
Sep 17, 2019, 07:21 AM

HK Tainstar - replacement parts

Hi folks

The Trainstar is my first plane, flies very well and am happy with it. Unfortunately had a bit of a mishap and smashed the vertical stabiliser, parts were missing so I was unable to glue together. I also need a main wing, horizontal stabiliser and the fuselage push-rods

Any one any idea where I would get spares ? I tried Volantex EU, and they are indicating that the model is obsolete.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:45 AM
EthanRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofty1069
Hi folks

The Trainstar is my first plane, flies very well and am happy with it. Unfortunately had a bit of a mishap and smashed the vertical stabiliser, parts were missing so I was unable to glue together. I also need a main wing, horizontal stabiliser and the fuselage push-rods

Any one any idea where I would get spares ? I tried Volantex EU, and they are indicating that the model is obsolete.
The should have the parts list on the product page.
Sep 24, 2019, 11:47 AM
I purchased one of these and love it. Just got the flaps funtional this week. Currently its the only plane I fly without SAFE, and its a great trainer. Not very aerobatic though. It will do a big loop, but it does not like to fly inverted

Quick Reply