Apr 14, 2014, 02:59 AM
Consider about Art-Tech Wing Tiger V3 trainer airplane, with help of Auto Pilot system, beginners never worry crash and loss plane, following link for reference.

http://www.art-tech.com/english/Arti...?ArticleID=408
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2014, 04:13 AM
I believe I can Fly.....

For those who bought the Trainstar after having read this thread...

How was the Trainstar you were thinking in buying?? Did you buy it?

The bad news I have found is mainly about the replacement of the broken parts... so have you gone under this situation with the trainstar? if yes what have u done to fix it??

The on line attendant told me that if I need a spare part I will have to buy the whole set again, this is a very bad point on this plane. UNLESS with we can buy an available spare part from other airplane that is suitable with this plane, is it possible? Has anyone done that? if yes, where to buy and which airplane is/are similar enough to have its parts used on this TRAINSTAR..

Thank you all guys...

Gil
Apr 16, 2014, 01:20 AM
Suspended Account

Super Decathlon 1.4m Giant Scale Aerobatic Trainer (747-5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefalling
I'm searching all over rcgroup but couldn't find any post on the (Lanyu) Trainstar,
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...sion_PNF_.html

Could anyone share with the comment on this plane as trainer for beginner?
I'm first started with Bixler2. But after several crashes, I'm thinking about to switch to this one. After gaining some experience, then going back to revisit the Bixler2 again.

Any thought?
Super Decathlon 1.4m Giant Scale Aerobatic Trainer (747-5)
Thanks for the attenation of our product.

Lanyu has changed its name to Rolantex RC.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

More information about Super Decathlon 1.4m Giant Scale Aerobatic Trainer (747-5),please visit:http://www.volantexrc.com/category/p...uper-decathlon

Our website:http://www.volantexrc.com/

The super Decathlon is the most intelligent RC airplane ever offered by VolantexRC. It’s a good size for beginners to plastic into a professional pilot. For professional pilot it’s a exciting aerobatic sport style airplane as well.

Thanks to the Plastic Unibody design and ABS cowling construction, the plane is extremely durable compare other airplane in the market. And thanks to this construction, it can be super scale detail design as well. Even you don’t fly, put it in your house it’s a great decoration as well.

Requiring just minutes to assemble, you’ll appreciate how its quiet brushless power system delivers outstanding performance with long, enjoyable flights. After you’ve mastered the basics of flight, the Decathlon is capable of performing a complement of aerobatic maneuvers such as loops, rolls, and even inverted flight.

Here are some pictures:

Thanks again.
Last edited by Volantex RC; Apr 16, 2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: add
Apr 22, 2014, 01:21 AM
I bought trainstar, first things I changed were motor as it was bell type crap motor which started to get warm and smoking after 5 flights, just replaced it with Turnigy D3548/4 1100KV Brushless Outrunner Motor. And I also replaced ESC as it was really unreliable.
Had many crashed fixed it all the time, didn’t need spare part until I brake the fuselage due to very bad take off, I simply take off to tree as there are no spare part I used lots of glue and it worked again. but really that plane design to survive crashes till certain point of time, and then you have to trash it. I did the same as it was totally not flying straight but is good plane for start as its cheap and really stable at the beginning.
Over the time you have to fix landing gear as well as its very soft.
Hope it helps!!
Apr 22, 2014, 07:27 AM
As the guy on the TV commercial use to say: You can pay me (a little) now or you can pay me (a lot more) later. You can go the cheap route and buy from HobbyKing, but usually in the long term you need to spend a lot to replace components that don't work correctly, or spend a lot of time and effort to get/make replacement parts to fix the plane after the inevitable crashes. Or you can spend a little more up front and get a quality beginner plane like the SuperCub, DeltaRay or Apprentice, which have replacement parts readily available at most local hobby shops and all over the internet and which fly great right out of the box. Most people prefer to spend their time learning how to fly, rather than spending their time learning how to do creative repairs when replacement parts are not available.
Jun 04, 2014, 06:13 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
The Trainstar PNP is available again on HK website.......
Jun 04, 2014, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo L
As the guy on the TV commercial use to say: You can pay me (a little) now or you can pay me (a lot more) later. You can go the cheap route and buy from HobbyKing, but usually in the long term you need to spend a lot to replace components that don't work correctly, or spend a lot of time and effort to get/make replacement parts to fix the plane after the inevitable crashes. Or you can spend a little more up front and get a quality beginner plane like the SuperCub, DeltaRay or Apprentice, which have replacement parts readily available at most local hobby shops and all over the internet and which fly great right out of the box. Most people prefer to spend their time learning how to fly, rather than spending their time learning how to do creative repairs when replacement parts are not available.
I said practically this same thing over a year ago. Funny how newbies ask for advice and then totally ignore it. LOL!!
Jun 04, 2014, 11:47 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69
I said practically this same thing over a year ago. Funny how newbies ask for advice and then totally ignore it. LOL!!
Thats right!! But then there are some particularities in some cases... for example when u live far like Korea, the prices (due to shipping) are bloody higher and in many cases they dont even ship to the your country(HH does not accept international Paypal also)... so everything become so hard when you need a big box with an airplane and Lipo stuff inside ... here in Korea RC is not on their list of favorite hobbies so no many interesting stuff around..... and as it was said ,it is also nice when you want to understand better about your hobby not just flying but also how it works(basic stuff), then you just decide to do some modifications as I am doing just for Fun... I have read overall good comments about the Trainstar, about its "fly skills" and durability (except for its electronics and replacement).... then as it is made in our neighbor (China) we can contact the factory to get replacements, so ..then it is not too bad isn't it?
Of course I (and many others newbies) have learnt a lot with the suggestions and Tips from the veterans, but in some cases we just need to adapt them to our reality ...

I am very thankful and proud of this group, you all guys have given great help and I will try my best to do the same for others who are as new as myself on this hobby...
Oct 01, 2014, 12:24 AM
My first plane was a Trainstar. It was great to learn on, very forgiving flight envelope and good visibility in the sky. After more than a few newbie rough landings, the worst damage was a broken prop. I still enjoy flying it. A few guys in my club have started on trainstars and all agree it's a great model to learn on.
Oct 01, 2014, 09:30 AM
can't resist a plane on sale..
I'm a total beginner and I'm less than enthused with this purchase. The wings screw on, and the plastic nuts don't look like they should be used constantly. So you leave it assembled - and it's kind of unwieldy... The 2 wing halves are not joined. The assembly manual is really poor. On my first flight attempt I lost control and crashed into deep grass from low altitude - not a serious crash. But since the wings are attached by screws (rather than rubber bands) one of them tore. I fixed the styrofoam break with epoxy and reinforced the wings with strapping tape. 2nd flight I treed the plane - the wing broke again, different place. 3rd flight I had my buddy, an experienced pilot, take it up and he lost control also. It wouldn't bank left. Perhaps the rudder was off though it seemed straight before. Anyway, it went head first into deep grass again. This time the propeller mount broke - really marginal construction. For a plane with 'tough' in its name it sure seems fragile. Parts? From Hobbyking? Forget it... I am getting a different motor. And will buy a plane that has parts available, and the wings are rubber-band attached which helps in crashes (which are part of life for a beginner, after all!) and makes transport easier. I'm strongly leaning towards the Ares Gamma 370
Oct 01, 2014, 10:01 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleinhenz
I'm a total beginner and I'm less than enthused with this purchase. The wings screw on, and the plastic nuts don't look like they should be used constantly. So you leave it assembled - and it's kind of unwieldy... The 2 wing halves are not joined. The assembly manual is really poor. On my first flight attempt I lost control and crashed into deep grass from low altitude - not a serious crash. But since the wings are attached by screws (rather than rubber bands) one of them tore. I fixed the styrofoam break with epoxy and reinforced the wings with strapping tape. 2nd flight I treed the plane - the wing broke again, different place. 3rd flight I had my buddy, an experienced pilot, take it up and he lost control also. It wouldn't bank left. Perhaps the rudder was off though it seemed straight before. Anyway, it went head first into deep grass again. This time the propeller mount broke - really marginal construction. For a plane with 'tough' in its name it sure seems fragile. Parts? From Hobbyking? Forget it... I am getting a different motor. And will buy a plane that has parts available, and the wings are rubber-band attached which helps in crashes (which are part of life for a beginner, after all!) and makes transport easier. I'm strongly leaning towards the Ares Gamma 370
Mate I am really sorry about your story, it looks this plane is a Lottery, I got a "ok one" had to do some adjusts (perhaps I enjoyed doing it, I learnt a lot), and i flew quite well, and survived 2 tree crashes and many crazy "kangaroo" landings ..... but it did not survived a in construction building crash, except for the electronics, All was lost...... well, nowadays there are a lot of options, I will go to the lottery again on a FMS cessna (http://www.fmsmodel.com/products_det...3c1f2b187.html) I have heard good comments about fms, so I will try this one, there are a lot of available spare parts on ebay, so it has not same problem as the trainstar...... well lets c
May 02, 2015, 04:15 PM
Khellio
Does anyone know where I can get a set of decals for this plane?
I bought one second hand which had never been flown but the decals were missing.
I was able to open the site (www.volantexrc.com) couple of days ago where they do have them listed but I can no longer access the site for some reason.
May 02, 2015, 04:21 PM
Khellio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnascimento3
How was the Trainstar you were thinking in buying?? Did you buy it?

The bad news I have found is mainly about the replacement of the broken parts... so have you gone under this situation with the trainstar? if yes what have u done to fix it??

The on line attendant told me that if I need a spare part I will have to buy the whole set again, this is a very bad point on this plane. UNLESS with we can buy an available spare part from other airplane that is suitable with this plane, is it possible? Has anyone done that? if yes, where to buy and which airplane is/are similar enough to have its parts used on this TRAINSTAR..

Thank you all guys...

Gil
Try the following. I could open it a few days ago but now it won't load. Good luck
www.volantexrc.com
May 03, 2015, 12:52 AM
I believe I can Fly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by khellio
Try the following. I could open it a few days ago but now it won't load. Good luck
www.volantexrc.com

it was while long ago kkkkkkk I already flew, got some crashes and the the last on the last crash kkkkkk it was fatal crash kkkkkkkk
May 11, 2015, 11:06 PM
always something to learn...
I acquired one of these yesterday for $40.00! I plan on seeing what kind of performance I can get out of it. Has anyone tried it on 4s? It is a slow flyer, so flaps really don't seem to be needed... Should be fun to see what I can do with it. ------Metalguy

Quick Reply