Good Will Projects - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 18, 2013, 12:22 PM
Suspended Account
Discussion

Good Will Projects


Everytime we see a story in the News about "Drones" or "UAV" it always ends up negatively with a touch of fear mongering. We can change that if we put our brains to work on it. I have started thiis thread as a place to post positive stories and applications about the hobby we all love.
If you have a positive project or know of a story that puts UAV/Drones in a positive light. please post it here so otheirs can follow it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2013, 12:23 PM
Suspended Account
We are currently working on a quad copter for Stuart, he is a 65 year old Vet with plenty of RC exprience from Australia who is bed ridden. We are going to give him back a sense of freedom by build him a complete FPV quadcopter system with a GS that he can fly from his bed.
The system we are build ing him is:
DJI 450 Frame
DJI Motors and ESCs
Grupner 10x5 props
Naza FCB
7" monitor
VTX and VRX
CCD camera
Last edited by Tarro; Feb 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM.
Feb 18, 2013, 05:08 PM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
Your good will story will end up as a negative mark on our hobby once this guy flys the quad into something and hurts somebody.

You do realize this right? Wait, of course you dont.
Feb 18, 2013, 05:55 PM
Knowledge prevents flyaways
ecks's Avatar
Seems you have a follower tarro
Feb 18, 2013, 06:00 PM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
I just stumbled upon this thread while looking for some newbie threads that might need my help.
Feb 18, 2013, 06:02 PM
Knowledge prevents flyaways
ecks's Avatar
Ha ha
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:02 PM
Stacky
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while Stacky edits it.
Feb 18, 2013, 06:04 PM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
Something about you guys brings it out of me.
Feb 18, 2013, 06:08 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd
Your good will story will end up as a negative mark on our hobby once this guy flys the quad into something and hurts somebody.

You do realize this right? Wait, of course you dont.
Ok, what should we do for him? Please I really want to know what you would have us do.
Feb 18, 2013, 06:28 PM
Knowledge prevents flyaways
ecks's Avatar
I made something for you. See im a nice person. A great avatar perhaps
Feb 18, 2013, 06:32 PM
Registered User
i did some help for some Search and Rescue team last month where there's a large flood hit Jakarta, They need to know where's the best way to mobilize their help and their team also. it's like a Maze from the air. Did some aerial Shot, for they to look at the "maze" .if you
re there you can feel the irony, that the river is higher then the streets. the children there seems happy when i fly my Hex there, they stand near me and watch me flying from my FPV monitor.





Feb 18, 2013, 08:10 PM
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro
We are currently working on a quad copter for Stuart, he is a 65 year old Vet with plenty of RC exprience from Australia who is bed ridden. We are going to give him back a sense of freedom by build him a complete FPV quadcopter system with a GS that he can fly from his bed.
The system we are build ing him is:
DJI 450 Frame
DJI Motors and ESCs
Grupner 10x5 props
Naza FCB
7" monitor
VTX and VRX
CCD camera
Put some ducts around those props, sure it more weight but safer too.
Feb 18, 2013, 08:31 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter
Put some ducts around those props, sure it more weight but safer too.
Great idea, can you make something up that will fit a DJI 450 frame? If not I will do it, but you might like helping out with this little project.
I don't think it need duct, just some rubber bumpers.
Feb 18, 2013, 08:35 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by redblur
i did some help for some Search and Rescue team last month where there's a large flood hit Jakarta, They need to know where's the best way to mobilize their help and their team also. it's like a Maze from the air. Did some aerial Shot, for they to look at the "maze" .if you
re there you can feel the irony, that the river is higher then the streets. the children there seems happy when i fly my Hex there, they stand near me and watch me flying from my FPV monitor.





This is exactly what I am talking about, great work Redblur. I bet that made you feel good about what you can achieve whan you put your mind to it.
My hat is off to you my friend, thanks for posting this. Did you make a few contacts for other missions.
Feb 18, 2013, 09:16 PM
Lift is where you find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd
Something about you guys brings it out of me.
Don't blame those guys dude. You are a person that can't seem to channel your impulsive behavior in socially acceptable ways.

Why don't you just go on over to the "Nuke a Gay Whale for Christ" forum. I'm sure they'd welcome your attitude with open arms.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Project Fast and Cheap: just how fast will an Exceed Drift Star go? Bugman Jeff On-road Cars 102 Mar 27, 2016 04:59 PM
Question When will good smart Republicans ask... lowkeylaidback Life, The Universe, and Politics 41 Feb 02, 2013 12:56 PM
Discussion Good news for victims-Scissors will not be banned! Gooroo Life, The Universe, and Politics 14 Jan 31, 2013 07:01 PM
Discussion will a 200w motor will be good for a lazy bee? kois31 Electric Plane Talk 11 Jun 21, 2011 03:25 PM