Nov 24, 2001, 01:39 PM
Lord Flashheart is sissy!

Plettenberg- vs. Graupner Ultra motors

I saw a great offer on an Utra 220 pylon in a store. The price was something like $ 80. The motor compares to a Plettenberg 220 that costs something like $ 200
The Graupner Ultra motors are made by Plettenberg but are the of the same high uality and efficiency as the real Pletties.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2001, 03:40 PM
Ain't Dutch? Ain't Mutch!

ultra v/s plat

I tried some of the ultra 900 and 1300 series, they realy s*ck!

They look nice and are build to last, but thats about it.

Performence is bad. Very low efficiency and high revs with low torq, i never got to 69% wile graupner promised 82% effiency!

This strikes me, couz if they are built almost as good as the original plats then wy do they just run so bad? Later when i got motocalc my suspections where confirmed. I think it must be low grade magnets or something like that.

I don't know nothin about the 220 pylon, but i suggest you try your luck in motocalc and find out what the efficiency is like.
Motocalc always gives you a nice indication, it's worth it.

Kimble.
Nov 24, 2001, 03:48 PM
Lithium Member
The Plettenberg 290 & Ultra 920 are and have been always completely identical in every respect, only the sticker is different! The 1300's are older series and I believe no longer manufactured.

They are among the best brushed motors on the market. I have a 920-4 and it is more efficient than some of my brushless motors. The published data (for ex Wemotec page) documents this fact.

Quick Reply