Feb 22, 2013, 12:41 AM
live the moment
Thread OP
GooberSB, I really hope you are right about cg. And you know, besides looks and rigidity, getting cg was one of the reasons I made it non swept.

Postaflyer and Rcwork, you are right about moving motor, this way I transfer weight forward, but all my other swept wings that I made are cut (look my avatar...) I am postponing this surgery until there is no alternative.
I don't like the looks of it, I loose valuable surface, and everything gets noisy and unstable. Maybe by adding a fuse I will get more pitch stability.
Regarding light wing beeing unstable, I have full faith to FY31AP autopilot to keep everything smooth and level.
Steve, for sure I converted my wing from top model to a fat housewife

Thank you all for giving me ideas, I will try this way and after that if I still have a wing ( ) I will proceed to another solution.

Sakis
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2013, 07:51 AM
You know nothing....
Id be tempted to fit some taller fins till the other issues are sorted.
Feb 23, 2013, 12:23 PM
live the moment
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupot46
Id be tempted to fit some taller fins till the other issues are sorted.
Thank you for the input,
But,
Isn't autopilot enough, for such a large wing, to sort out any instabillity caused by the sort fins?
Or you have something else in mind?

Sakis
Feb 23, 2013, 05:38 PM
You know nothing....
I just thought it might be best to trim the wing as much as possible,get it flying reasonably well,so the a/p can fly it rather than "fight" it.
Feb 23, 2013, 08:18 PM
Fighter of Gravity
I had a similar wing years ago with the same problem. I had to cut the trailing edge of the wing and move the motor forward to get it to balance. In my case, I only had to move the motor about a half inch forward. I used a dotted line to illustrate where you may need to cut on your wing.
Feb 24, 2013, 09:05 AM
live the moment
Thread OP
Stupo,
got it. Will comply.
Wooleburg, thank you for the advice and the helpfull scetch.
This was my second option to get cg... but....

I MAIDENED IT TODAY!!!

cg is 23cm from the original wing nose. So cg calc was right on.
Of cource I changed the cg by adding that flat lipo container in front of the nose.
But anyway, even with that blunt nose the cg came where the calc was expecting it.
Maybe without the extended nose the cg would settle a few cm in the back.
Thank you all for the help I will post video and images when they are ready.
Have fun, fly safe.

Sakis
Feb 24, 2013, 09:24 AM
Sakis-
I was going to say good luck! I see you already maidened. Good job! Glad to see it worked out for you.
Did you do the dive test to finalize CG, maybe you didn't get that far yet. Video would be cool.
Brad
Mar 02, 2013, 02:20 PM
live the moment
Thread OP
and here are the videos...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1843300

Sakis

Quick Reply