Mar 06, 2013, 08:55 AM
Another crack in the wing
Thankyou Chad, it's taken a while but I finally cracked the mould and broken into the top 3 Yippee I Aye. Still it's a long way to the top.
Grant
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2013, 09:04 AM
My new-second hand ceres f3f will be here next week Grant and then I will
be able to give you a run for your money.

Garry
Mar 07, 2013, 02:35 AM
Have Wings, will Fly!
Well Done guys sounds like another great weekend over and done.
Grant congratulations on a third, keep putting pressure on them...

Did Paul win with a Predator or a Cyril??
Mar 07, 2013, 06:55 AM
Albany, the place to slope off
Quote:
Originally Posted by dont

I'm sure it was the Cyril...?? the pink thing ..
Mar 07, 2013, 07:53 AM
Brian Mitchell
Quote:

Predator Day 1 Cyril Day 2 I think. Can see pics on previous page of him launching on day 1

Cheers
Brian
Mar 08, 2013, 06:13 AM
Have Wings, will Fly!

NNE Winch ???

All of you F3B aficionados, how good are the NNE winches by Bernie Sizer?
$1500, look like a good winch, although it looks as though that is winch only, the turnaround and accessories seem to be extra.
Any comments or feedback,

I'm still looking for a winch!

Don
Mar 08, 2013, 07:49 AM
PJM
PJM
Nice one Garry, a second hand Cyril, didn't know anyone would want to part with one,, they are an extremely good plane.. What are you doing with your Nyx??

I have had a number of guys all asking me if there are any F3F planes about that are for sale. If anyone has an F3F suitable plane for sale please PM me or put a message up here, I am sure they will go to good homes..

Don, yes, on Day 1 I used the Predator 2 and on Day 2 I used the Cyril.. I have done damage to planes in the past landing at Shelleys so opted for the Predator, which pulls up better than the Cyril on landing approach. However the landing on the east side of the road/carpark we are now using is friendlier than the paraglider landing area we have always used on the western side.

PaulM
Mar 08, 2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Don

I bought a winch from Bernie. Very nice piece of gear and comes in a toolbox for easy carting around. The finish on the winch is excellent and I recommend the turnaround. I also bought a spare drum.

Nigel has one as well (bought at the same time). But an unfortunate accident killed his motor, so it needs some repairs.

Cheers
Simon

Quote:
All of you F3B aficionados, how good are the NNE winches by Bernie Sizer?
$1500, look like a good winch, although it looks as though that is winch only, the turnaround and accessories seem to be extra.
Any comments or feedback,

I'm still looking for a winch!

Don
Mar 08, 2013, 11:08 AM
Another crack in the wing
Hi Don, thanks for the congrats. The pressure is on.. Bernie Sizers winches what happened to his web site?? How long till the CERES F3F arrives Garry??? You will need to head to Esperance for some Air time serious Air time. there was only seconds between the Ceres, Ceres Lift (Simons) and Pauls Kryl (Cyril). It is all about the air your flying in and how close you want to get between the boundary layer and terrafirma and dont be like me and over cook the turns like in rnd 7 on Sunday What a save how close was I to wiping out the CD, myself and making a new home for the Tiger snakes. A moment that 9 pilots and one time keeper wont forget in a hurry im sure.
Grant
Mar 08, 2013, 02:44 PM
Everything's A Compromise
Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsogrant
Bernie Sizers winches what happened to his web site??
NNEWINCHES

David
Mar 08, 2013, 06:22 PM
Thread OP

winch

Don, I think Nigel was looking at selling one of his winches ?
Mar 09, 2013, 05:28 AM
Thermal Wrangler
I've been thrashing my Sizer winch for 3 yrs now and it's still tight.

The fact you can stow it all in the supplied case is a plus for those with small cars.

I haven't needed to replace any parts on it yet but if I do Bernie is only an email away
and he's always happy to help those with one of his babies.

Chris.
Mar 09, 2013, 06:15 AM
Have Wings, will Fly!
Thanks Chris, I appreciate the review.
I am deciding between one of Bernie,s winches or an Ober EW4 winch, if there is no real decernable difference I will probable go for one of Bernies, Aussie made and they look to be cheaper, same bang for less bucks!

Don
Mar 09, 2013, 08:50 AM
"The devil made me do it!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbp285
Don, I think Nigel was looking at selling one of his winches ?
Hi Don

Unfortunately as Simon said my NNE Winch had a "mishap" ???#$%@&*** last time I lend it to a certain person !!!! anyway it's back over east with Bernie at the moment getting fixed like new.

As Tim said I'm thinking of selling my 1 of my 3 winch's once the NNE Winch gets back. I don't know which one or when that will be but I'll post the details here when the time comes. Otherwise you would do well with a NNE Winch. Good price, good performance, good turnarounds and Bernie himself is a nice guy and good to deal with oh and he's a full on Glider Guy both full size and RC.

http://nnewinches.com.au/

Ober are nice and probably a bit better quality being German built but a $1000 or so more depending on who you get it through. For less you can get the NNE with turnaround and have money left over for pegs, chutes and winch line. Performance wise they are both limited to the F3B regulations so there won't be a lot of difference between them. Bernie also exports and sells his winch's through Soaring USA to the Yanks and they are a fuss bunch over there.

Nigel
Last edited by Nigel M; Mar 09, 2013 at 09:01 AM.
Mar 11, 2013, 01:20 AM
"The devil made me do it!"
Hi Everyone

Paul and I have had request to find any F3f/F3b models for you all to play with and as such I asked the gliding crew here to see what's going. I'll post here any info that I get back.

So first up for grabs is:

Pat Pinder has a F3F Eraser complete with servos, V-Tail asking around $750.
I have no further details or photos at this time but will update you if/when I receive anything further.

If your interested please PM me and I can give you Pat's contact info so you can go direct to the source.

Regards

Nigel

Quick Reply