One of the most amazing glider vids out there - RC Groups
Feb 17, 2013, 08:06 PM
Koo
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Discussion

One of the most amazing glider vids out there

This is from a series on BBC, "James Mays Toy Stories - Flight Club"
Yes, its the guy from Top Gear UK and he has set himself a goal of having a "toy" glider cross the English Channel. Watched the whole thing and it was really sweet.
James Mays Toy Stories - Flight Club (59 min 32 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2013, 08:33 PM
What's wrong with heavy?
I'll let someone else tell you that there have been two other threads on this, December and January. I guess it's a monthly institution now?
Feb 17, 2013, 09:23 PM
Koo
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Sorry :S Didn't know about this, I thought that this would be a cool thing to share
Feb 18, 2013, 08:06 AM
What's wrong with heavy?
It wasn't really big here but the free flight guys really tore into it!
Mar 02, 2013, 02:30 PM

"Very expensive, semi-free-flight"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dephela
It wasn't really big here but the free flight guys really tore into it!
Yes I suppose they could have called it "very expensive, semi-free-flight". I would like the plans for the modified wing, though. I can buy the rest from Traplet, I presume. Definitely looks like a good candidate for a scratch-build, if I ever get all my crunchies and obeche/foam monsters repaired. Could be a try-out for the CNC lazer-cutter my son is building..... dreams, dreams......

Fun, though, the movie too...

Christopher
Mar 04, 2013, 10:56 AM
very cool..thanks.
Mar 04, 2013, 08:11 PM
KlonWarz
That's great!
..First in the record book stays forever!
Mar 07, 2013, 07:39 PM
R2R
R2R
Awesome! And that it was not a moldie, but a woody, made it even more awesome!