Hobby Paradise Hong Kong - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 17, 2013, 01:38 AM
Registered User
Discussion

Hobby Paradise Hong Kong


Has anyone dealt with "Hobby Paradise.com" who I think are based in Hong Kong. On their web site they have a large selection of FMS, Freewing and other models. I have asked a question through their contact icon but no response. I want to know how reliable they are and what their delivery times are like. My observation on their site is that all their planes are "in Stock" which is unusual for busy web sites eg Hobby King, Banahobby, who always have planes on backorder. They also have no "Reviews" on their planes. Any comments please
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2013, 07:56 PM
youtube-- orandaboy
I wouldnt risk buying from them...i can't ANY reviews about them.
Feb 25, 2013, 04:46 PM
Registered User
Thanks. Am researching them the best I can. Have emailed a supplier to get their confirmation that they have supplied planes to them but yet to receive response. Bit reluctant to use them at this stage.
Feb 25, 2013, 08:00 PM
Intentionally left blank
Prices are high for Hong Kong based supplier.
Feb 26, 2013, 12:08 AM
Registered User
sonnydc's Avatar
I just bought 2 Zeta modelsbefore the start of the chinese new year, the Astro and the Blaze. They immediately shipped the items and I received them 10 days later. That's what I call a fast service. On top of that, their shipping charges are very reasonable.
Feb 26, 2013, 06:10 PM
Registered User
Thanks for that. Finally found someone that has used them and good to know they have delivered good service.
Jun 19, 2013, 07:50 AM
Amateur crash test pilot

Hobby Paradise


agian, as anyone dealt with these guys?are they decent?did you get your orders and were they intact?also where did you ship to? IE which country?
Jul 29, 2013, 10:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackomedic911
agian, as anyone dealt with these guys?are they decent?did you get your orders and were they intact?also where did you ship to? IE which country?
Just found this thread. Yes I have used them are their service is excellent. Took 3 days from Hong Kong to New Zealand and package was very well wrapped. Even used shrink wrap on the outside of package. Recommend
Oct 17, 2013, 01:43 AM
ultra cheap pilot
ican3d's Avatar
I'm interested buying for Hobby Paradise too but slightly skeptical. Anyone bought any stuff from them recently?
Oct 29, 2013, 11:07 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
I'm interested buying for Hobby Paradise too but slightly skeptical. Anyone bought any stuff from them recently?
Just brought another plane from them. Shipped same day and arrived in NZ in two days. Great service
Nov 28, 2013, 08:02 AM
Registered User
timatworksg's Avatar
Just to add to the thread, I gave Hobby Paradise a try and deliver they did!
Purchased an FMS warbird and some spares since it was hard to get them from my LHS. Hong Kong isn't far from where I live, about 4-5hrs flight...lol.

Put my order in last Monday, status was packed and shipped on Tuesday. Flew out Wednesday evening and arrived on Thursday to my doorstep. Though it was my first time ordering from them, they responded quick and packed everything the next working day!

Package came very well packed. Spares were arranged neatly and nicely in the main box. The box was shrink-ed wrapped, then cardboard sheet taped over the top. It was then wrapped in some black shrink wrapp and taped all over again! Huge FRAGILE labels all over and what I found interesting (well not to some) but all labels, invoice, customs declaration, etc were neatly arranged and in line not crooked or slapped on anyhow!

Plane was intact and no warps or dents! Nice and good service for my first order. I will surely try again when finances are back up to track...hehe!
Dec 11, 2013, 06:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by timatworksg
Just to add to the thread, I gave Hobby Paradise a try and deliver they did!
Purchased an FMS warbird and some spares since it was hard to get them from my LHS. Hong Kong isn't far from where I live, about 4-5hrs flight...lol.

Put my order in last Monday, status was packed and shipped on Tuesday. Flew out Wednesday evening and arrived on Thursday to my doorstep. Though it was my first time ordering from them, they responded quick and packed everything the next working day!

Package came very well packed. Spares were arranged neatly and nicely in the main box. The box was shrink-ed wrapped, then cardboard sheet taped over the top. It was then wrapped in some black shrink wrapp and taped all over again! Huge FRAGILE labels all over and what I found interesting (well not to some) but all labels, invoice, customs declaration, etc were neatly arranged and in line not crooked or slapped on anyhow!

Plane was intact and no warps or dents! Nice and good service for my first order. I will surely try again when finances are back up to track...hehe!
+ 1000 to that. Have the same excellent service on two seperate planes
Jan 27, 2014, 01:38 PM
happily registered
Another leery customer. order placed, fingers crossed.
I feel better after finding this thread.
Jan 29, 2014, 06:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuc328
Another leery customer. order placed, fingers crossed.
I feel better after finding this thread.
Based on my experience, 3 planes, 2 lots of parts, you won't be disappointed. Very prompt despatch (shipping is beyond their control but very fast in my cases) and packaging is A1, better than any other store I have dealt with.
Feb 07, 2014, 12:21 PM
happily registered
These guys ROCK! Shipping cost me a whopping $7 from HK to Texas and they were the only place I was able to find some out of production FMS parts. My package arrived quicker than an order placed before this one from the other site with all the warehouses which I'm still waiting on
Awesome seller, my mind is at ease. I will definitely bookmark and buy from again.
Last edited by uuc328; Feb 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion visiting Hong Kong/Shenzhen, looking for hobby shops JayJay76 Electric Plane Talk 2 Aug 03, 2015 04:39 AM
Gallery Scale Ship day in Hong Kong 2013 f6f Scale Boats 10 Feb 15, 2013 12:02 PM
Gallery Hong Kong turbojet Cacilhas1980, 929-115-018 y.takahashi Scale Boats 4 Jan 27, 2013 01:18 AM
Discussion Hong Kong Hobby Shops :: Interesting Scale Warships hotjava Scale Boats 2 Jan 04, 2006 12:21 AM
Hong Kong hobby disctrict? robster94gt Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 08, 2005 09:15 AM