Feb 16, 2013, 12:00 PM
Thread OP
New Product

quanton flight control rev. 1

I am proud to have the opportunity to announce hardware availability of a new target for TauLabs.

quanton flight control rev. 1 <-- shop site (on stock, worldwide shipping)

System information and components:
For those who don't know about TauLabs, please look here.

Name: taulabsgcs.jpg
Views: 536
Size: 186.8 KB
Description:

TauLabs firmware on final hardware:
(1 min 30 sec)

(1 min 9 sec)

(1 min 38 sec)

(2 min 45 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2013, 01:34 PM
OS Sponsor
Finally!

btw: I've found a shop where to buy it - Made in Germany!

http://www.quantec-networks.de/quanton

Feb 16, 2013, 05:55 PM
Just ordered one
Feb 17, 2013, 03:29 AM
what about GPS?
Feb 17, 2013, 04:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivn888
what about GPS?
Any recent UBX or NMEA capable GPS should be good. I personally am testing using a CRIUS CN-06 V2 gps module set up at 10Hz output.
Expect demonstration video of altitude hold as well as GPS position hold as soon as the weather permits it over here.
The next milestone of the Tau Labs project is basic navigation flight.
Feb 17, 2013, 06:41 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Matching with the hole spacing
this is not a bad buy?

-> http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...backplane.html

Feb 17, 2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilvinz
Any recent UBX or NMEA capable GPS should be good. I personally am testing using a CRIUS CN-06 V2 gps module set up at 10Hz output.
Expect demonstration video of altitude hold as well as GPS position hold as soon as the weather permits it over here.
"basic navigation flight" -> also for fixed wing ?
Feb 17, 2013, 10:21 AM
Yep fixed wings too. In principle all the code is already in place for both quads and planes. In practice we need to do a lot of polishing to make sure it's reliable and safe.
Feb 18, 2013, 01:17 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quote:
these are all very good news.

Feb 18, 2013, 06:17 AM
Great news.the board and price are very good
Feb 18, 2013, 01:15 PM
Connecting GPS - OK.
But is code ready to make return to home, position hold and etc?

Quote:
Feb 18, 2013, 01:22 PM
No. Hopefully it will be soon and techically speaking it's capable right now - but we won't call it supported until it is quite robust and well tested.

For what it's worth I just went out and was testing the code in quite gusty conditions and it behaved relatively well. The other day in still conditions I was getting < 2 m diameter in the hold.
Feb 20, 2013, 07:07 AM
Good news.
I hope we could see this features rapidly
Feb 20, 2013, 02:16 PM
Thomas
Could anybody test the board already? And lilvinz, have you already tried out the GPS module? Hoping for better weather to see the first vids
Feb 20, 2013, 03:53 PM
apparently there are no users on rcgroup for the moment..so no feedback here!
i have one question:if it s openpilot source code,baro and compoass should not working(cc3d doesn t support it and revo is not available..)

Quick Reply