Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by NEWBEFLYER, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 15, 2013, 02:30 PM
Trader Rating: 35
Crazy Canuck
NEWBEFLYER's Avatar
For Sale

LPU Idea


I was thinking with all those who want to have LPU, it would be nice if this forum can separate the LPU from for sale in two separate forums that way we don;t need to have all the mess of sale vs LPU IT would be alot easier to see and save other from seeing all LPU. Just like the drop down on what you want to see ,found,for sale,looking for,wanted and this LPU make life better . How can we make it work here?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2013, 04:02 PM
Trader Rating: 61
Registered User

I Second That !


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
I was thinking with all those who want to have LPU, it would be nice if this forum can separate the LPU from for sale in two separate forums that way we don;t need to have all the mess of sale vs LPU IT would be alot easier to see and save other from seeing all LPU. Just like the drop down on what you want to see ,found,for sale,looking for,wanted and this LPU make life better . How can we make it work here?
I second that !--joe1
Feb 15, 2013, 04:27 PM
Trader Rating: 16
Registered User
Island Runner's Avatar
+1 on that!
Feb 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
Trader Rating: 138
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
Blucross's Avatar
You mean like this? Or any of these other threads on that same subject that have been created in the site suggestion forums?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&highlight=lpu
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&highlight=lpu
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&highlight=lpu
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&highlight=lpu


I too would love the option, it has been suggested multiple times over the years and the latest answer is "The techs have a long list of things to do. That is still on it. " Per Jim T Graham.

Feel free to create another one in the site suggestion forum, but I doubt it will do any more good than it has in the 2+ years since it was first suggested. I have given up hope that it will happen while I am still an RC Modeler.
Feb 15, 2013, 05:22 PM
Trader Rating: 85
old-Hay y-may eer-Bay
scale_only's Avatar
You can run it up the Trader Talk flag pole like so many others have done just to have it shot down there too.
Feb 15, 2013, 06:19 PM
lla
Trader Rating: 176
lla
customer service is key
lla's Avatar
awesome idea
can it start yesterday
or (LPU) should be in the regional area .
Gregg
Feb 15, 2013, 07:25 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Registered User
lancew's Avatar
What would nicer would be a "tag" for LPU-only items that you could hide at any time when browsing or exclude from any searches. I think this would be the most elegant solution. Even if an OP didn't properly "tag" their post as LPU-only, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someone reminded them to do so...

My $0.02.

Lance

PS - I also hate, time and time again, excitedly browsing to an item only to find that it is marked "LPU only" somewhere in the body of the post. Hint: putting "LPU" in the title is VERY helpful to us browsers. I just didn't have anything bigger to bitch about right now so I guess that's a good thing
Last edited by lancew; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:32 PM.
Feb 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
Trader Rating: 137
Registered User
I think the only thing people need to do is list the city, state right after their "LPU" tag.

ie- J3 cub 1/4 scale- LPU Pittsburgh, PA

Its so crazy that people list LPU then not say where it is.
Feb 15, 2013, 09:35 PM
Trader Rating: 59
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
abjets's Avatar
Yeah...what they said.
Feb 16, 2013, 12:45 AM
Trader Rating: 49
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
habitforming's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
I think the only thing people need to do is list the city, state right after their "LPU" tag.

ie- J3 cub 1/4 scale- LPU Pittsburgh, PA

Its so crazy that people list LPU then not say where it is.
You forgot to say how much

Seriously though, on other forums I have frequented in the past, their admins had very strict rules for posting. Among other things, they required a picture with a named & dated card in the shot for every item you sold. I say this because having a rule that your post must include "J3 Cub 1/4 scale [LPU - Pittsburgh, PA]" would be easy to comply with and enforce. I'm glad they added the column for distance to user, but too many people don't bother to put that in their profile.

Or maybe we're over thinking it, and we should just use advanced search and exclude "LPU" But, I'd still prefer it to be in the title.
Feb 16, 2013, 01:26 AM
Trader Rating: 236
"Thats right Iceman"
great idea

+4
Feb 16, 2013, 12:00 PM
Trader Rating: 51
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancew View Post
What would nicer would be a "tag" for LPU-only items that you could hide at any time when browsing or exclude from any searches. I think this would be the most elegant solution. Even if an OP didn't properly "tag" their post as LPU-only, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before someone reminded them to do so...

My $0.02.

Lance

PS - I also hate, time and time again, excitedly browsing to an item only to find that it is marked "LPU only" somewhere in the body of the post. Hint: putting "LPU" in the title is VERY helpful to us browsers. I just didn't have anything bigger to bitch about right now so I guess that's a good thing
Lance, that sounds like a very realistic solution. I like it.
Feb 16, 2013, 12:21 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Registered User
lancew's Avatar
It could also tie in to mapping/location data from your RCG profile "location" so you could filter by distance. Like "filter out any LPU items over 50 miles from me...". Lots of other sites do it. I realize it would take effort to implement, but what an improvement it would make!

Lance


Quote:
Originally Posted by w1indse7 View Post
Lance, that sounds like a very realistic solution. I like it.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Show off your MULTIROTOR! Get ideas for new Copters! Ecibob Multirotor Drone Talk 19 Mar 02, 2013 06:04 AM
Sold No Idea who makes this. 65" Wingspan. LPU only. N3953C BedEvil Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Feb 07, 2013 08:34 PM
Sold No Idea who makes this. 65" Wingspan. LPU only. N3953C BedEvil Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Feb 07, 2013 04:24 PM
Discussion Strange gimbal movement - ideas ?? ed_jza80 Multirotor Drone Talk 6 Jan 08, 2013 03:47 AM