May 24, 2019, 07:38 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
That is a very good point all of the way around.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2019, 01:15 PM
He who stalls....falls!
Well it's nearly 0400 hrs here, concreted footings for a shed, now too sore to sleep.
(really gettin' too old for that!) Starting my 58th coffee, I noticed the f949 sitting behind
the T.V., and thought why it was neglected. Remembered the flight about 4 months ago,
it seemed it would turn better one way than the other.
The reclined angle of the rudder hinge-line seemed to make the horn travel through an up to down motion as it went thru its arc of travel, also the clevis pin to control horn junction was about 1/8" behind the hinge-line.
Anyhow, I glued up the hinge-line and cut a line vertical thru where the clevis pin sits at trim centre, relocated the horn, and have a rudder with more area on a upright hinge-line.
Not saying there's anything wrong with the model in stock form, just needed something to do at 4am.

cheers
Jun 08, 2019, 01:29 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
Nice H1958D!

This isn't something for beginners, at all really, but this footage might inspire a beginner to learn more about other aspects of this crazy hobby

H-King Paramotor Maiden Flight Review - Hobbyking RC PPG (5 min 36 sec)

H-King Paramotor Second Flight - Hobbyking RC PPG (5 min 51 sec)

H-King Paramotor Sunset Flying with GB & John - Hobbyking PPG (9 min 14 sec)

GB
Jun 08, 2019, 05:37 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
Nice H1958D!

This isn't something for beginners, at all really, but this footage might inspire a beginner to learn more about other aspects of this crazy hobby
GB
After launching , wouldn't that be easy to fly for a beginner ? Seems that it would be simple 2 channel control , throttle & turning left/right .
I flew the real thing in my youth ↓ .
Jun 08, 2019, 09:39 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
It could be, but the programming is not easy, especially for a total noob. Once in the air, you are correct actually.

GB
Jun 19, 2019, 06:00 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?

AeroScout

Getting back to the original topic, Horizon Hobby has recently released what I consider the worlds best trainer. It is called the AeroScout.

I’ve posted about this plane in several other threads but thought It needed a plug here.

At the recent Horizon RC Fest, they were handing transmitters to complete newbies. There was no buddy box. The Tx was set to beginner mode but on high rates! The winds were gusting over 20 mph!

The AeroScout ignored the wind. It flew effortlessly. It made wide turns in beginner mode but very tight turns using rudder.

Over three days my 11 year old grandson, my newbie daughter and I flew several times. We couldn’t believe how well it handled the wind. I have a Timber, Valiant and Supercub S. I would never have trusted them to fly any of them in that wind.
Jun 19, 2019, 07:45 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I looked that over. Kinda pricey for a beginner, but it does include a DXe and a battery.

I'm sure it flys well, but given the price I'd want to know how it survives abuse. If a beginner fumble-fingers his way to a straight nose-in, is it going to be a total loss?

Seems to me a good beginner plane should either be very cheap or very robust. This one might be neither.
Jun 19, 2019, 08:02 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
It is also a complete copy of this plane that was released well before that one:

ESKY Eagles 1100mm UNBOXING, BUILD AND MAIDEN FLIGHT! (20 min 26 sec)

Quick Reply