Nano Master/Slave - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 14, 2013, 10:37 AM
Discussion

Nano Master/Slave

I understand that when you bind 2 Nanos together as Master/Slave the slave Nano remaps to channels 7-12. Can you remap then back to channels 1-6 using the device programmer?

Thanks,

Jim
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2013, 10:51 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroudj
I understand that when you bind 2 Nanos together as Master/Slave the slave Nano remaps to channels 7-12. Can you remap then back to channels 1-6 using the device programmer?

Thanks,

Jim
yup... the automatic 7-12 was just to make things a little easier for the common case, but with the programmer you can set any output pin to be any channel from 1-16 including duplicates (more than one pin outputting the same channel, etc).

if you want channels 1-6 again so you can use the receiver in another plane, just re-bind it on its own and it will go back to channels 1-6.
Feb 14, 2013, 06:22 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
^^^^^^^^
What he said!
Feb 14, 2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks, KM and Jim. I was able to configure the Nanos to work together as I need them to.

Thanks,

Jim
Feb 18, 2013, 01:55 PM
So how does one go about binding two Nano receivers together as Master/Slave? Do you put them both in bind mode, then turn on the transmitter with the button pushed?
Feb 18, 2013, 02:12 PM
Stress Be Gone
Yes but there are two procedures to put a nano in either a slave or master bind mode. Plus the master receiver has to be put into bind mode LAST and then you proceed with binding with the transmitter. It is all explained in the manual.
Feb 18, 2013, 02:59 PM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
When using a master - slave setup does each receive the RF signal?
Does the master receive and decode the signal for ch. 1-6 and the slave receive and decode the signals for ch. 7-12?
Or the master receives the RF signal and feeds a data steam to the slave?
Thanks,
Ken
Feb 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja
When using a master - slave setup does each receive the RF signal?
Does the master receive and decode the signal for ch. 1-6 and the slave receive and decode the signals for ch. 7-12?
Or the master receives the RF signal and feeds a data steam to the slave?
Thanks,
Ken
And what is the best way to power them? "Y" from the battery?
Feb 18, 2013, 08:01 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
they are both independent. the only difference is that the "slave" receivers aren't bothering to sent back the downstream data (ack packets, telemetry, etc).

...so, as such, they independently need the consideration that you would give a single receiver... need to make sure that the servos are getting all the power they need, the receiver gets the power it needs, nothing being choked by a servo plug that can only do 3amps of load, etc etc.

You can "y" the power connections, but just be mindful of your application... if you're driving large servos, you will want more than servo plugs to power six high powered full size digital servos for example. I've soldered larger wire pigtails to the servo buses, even connected two receivers with 14-16awg wire with a similar gauge pigtail on one of the receivers so I only had to plug the packs into one end. there's plenty of ways you can do it, but ultimately you need to make sure that you're taking care of power distribution to the servos...
Dec 27, 2016, 06:10 PM
Hello, I am considering buying a Taranis Plus transmitter which has a place in back for a module. Does X-tream Power systems have a module to fit the Taranus transmitter that would allow me to use my X-tream "Nano" receivers? I have a module in my Futaba 9C transmitter that is designed for the X-tream Nanos that works fine but I would like to get a transmitter that has more channels. I have around 20 airplanes with "Nano" receivers and do not want the expense of replacing them all to buy a new brand of transmitter. Please advise
Dec 27, 2016, 07:50 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Aurora
Hello, I am considering buying a Taranis Plus transmitter which has a place in back for a module. Does X-tream Power systems have a module to fit the Taranus transmitter that would allow me to use my X-tream "Nano" receivers?
Yup. Get the XPS JR module.. I've been using one in a Taranis for years and now I'm using the same one in my Horus.

Pete
Dec 28, 2016, 04:58 PM
Hello PGR, You are saying that the JR module for X-tream Link will work with my "Nano" receivers in the Taranis Transmitter. I suppose that I would have to re-bind all of my receivers if I did that. Is there any other things that I would have to do? I am finding out that the Taranis transmitters are cheaply made with requirements of frequent repair and that the Horus is better. Should I wait until the new Horus transmitter is available?
Dec 28, 2016, 08:42 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Hello PGR, You are saying that the JR module for X-tream Link will work with my "Nano" receivers in the Taranis Transmitter. I suppose that I would have to re-bind all of my receivers if I did that. Is there any other things that I would have to do? I am finding out that the Taranis transmitters are cheaply made with requirements of frequent repair and that the Horus is better. Should I wait until the new Horus transmitter is available?
That's what I'm saying. I have at least a dozen slope planes, several powered planes, and several rotorcraft with either Nanos or RFU Diversity Receivers in them and I've flown them all with an XPS JR module in either my Taranis or Horus. I'll add that the Horus is already available to the general public, so it's not necessary to wait if you want one. I've had mine for about 3 months and I really like it.

Pete
Dec 29, 2016, 07:48 AM
Quote:
I am finding out that the Taranis transmitters are cheaply made with requirements of frequent repair .....I
And where would you be finding that out ??? If you consider the thousands in use without a single issue vs the occasional radio with a legitimate issue . I would venture to say that many of the "problems"
reported are caused by the operator.......

I've had my non plus Taranis for about two years now without a single issue .....

Personally, I would wait a little longer on the Horus.... being that it is just out to the public, there are bound to be issues yet to be identified.....
Dec 29, 2016, 07:29 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez
Personally, I would wait a little longer on the Horus.... being that it is just out to the public, there are bound to be issues yet to be identified.....
But you'd jump on a new XPS3216 transmitter, wouldn't you?

Pete