Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:37 AM
Find More Posts by venajeff
Discussion

Qaher F-313

I want to try and build a flying model of the new Iran fighter the Qaher F-313. I am pretty sure that I will be the very first person to obtain flight from the design but I still want to try.
I am thinking of making it about 32" long and I dont know 16" wide (I need to study the pictures more).
I have no experience with EDF models and I need some suggestions on a motor/fan, esc, and battery size. Any help would be great.

http://theaviationist.com/tag/q-313/#.URXe6lp1SRd
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:19 AM
Find More Posts by pekos
iťs fake plane : Rolleyes:
'll be the first in the world who has the first flying model of this type
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:23 AM
Find More Posts by space 1
look's exciting but with that wing span you going need to fly pretty fast to keep it in air
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:50 AM
Find More Posts by D_FAST
Thing looks like its made of plywood and car bondo?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
Lori, hey, you're home early
I've seen video of what I thinknis the "real" F 313 and it looks remarkably like an F-35. In other photos it looks completely different. I'm pretty certain that this is a conceptual model. Cool looking though.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by RogueAce
Air Assassin
What are you going to make it from? Depron,FFF, $Tree foam ,Balsa??? Are you going to glass it?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:57 PM
Find More Posts by venajeff

Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueAce View Post
What are you going to make it from? Depron,FFF, $Tree foam ,Balsa??? Are you going to glass it?
I am most familiar with balsa and monocote, but I think that would only work for the little wings. For the fuselage I was thinking of balsa frame with thin layer of glass over. Maybe foam wings with glass. I am still in the idea phase so I do not have it all worked out yet.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:40 AM
do small profile glider
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
I saw the video of this, it looked like a big turbine model, especially when they did a couple of aileron rolls. It rolled so quick, you could tell it was a smaller turbine powered aircraft. Those inlets on the top aren't too smart, at high angles of attack the turbine will likely be starved for air due to the turbulence. I won't lose any sleep tonight over this Iranian super-weapon, ha ha ha.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:04 PM

just a quickie
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:10 AM
Find More Posts by corsair nut
fly like an EAGLE ;)
looks like the boeing bird of prey screwed a f35 and this is what popped out lol.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by pdawg
Need 4 Speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
looks like the boeing bird of prey screwed a f35 and this is what popped out lol.
Both parents were cuter than the offspring....lol
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
they adopted
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:48 AM
Find More Posts by Si Goodchild
"I want to try and build a flying model of the new Iran fighter the Qaher F-313. I am pretty sure that I will be the very first person to obtain flight from the design"

I thought the same thing and if I had more time would do be joining you in the build. My temptation would be to do a large, light and rather rough depron pusher-prop model to shake down the aerodynamics before committing to a ducted fan model.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:27 PM
go big or go home