Thread Tools
Feb 08, 2013, 08:16 AM
Registered User
Discussion

Getting back into the hobby!


Well after a couple years out of the hobby i've decided I needed to lightly get back in with at least one RC (i don't race, just like trying a bunch of diffrent one's out, hop'in them up, tinckering, cleaning them etc). I sold everything off because I was pretty busy with babies, business and found myself with no time to play. Now that the kids are a bit older I thought why not.

Decided I'd try the micro heli thing out being winter and all. So, I bought a few micro heli's (MCX2, MSR X, Nano CPX and also a DX6i to fly them). They are fun and definately need lots of practice but still needed to get a land vehicle to calm my habbit.

So..... I bought a Traxxas Summit AGAIN (had a few in the past), A traxxas 1/16 vxl revo, traxxas vxl rally ken block and losi mini 8ight (all used but in like new condition).

Best part is that I bought all these with in a month, what is wrong with me?????

Pretty sure I'll see another baja 5b sitting in my hobby room with in the next coupe months, lol

Later
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2013, 07:16 AM
RC Basher
I'm the same way, I was up to 7 rc trucks then sold all but one (my Novak brushless powered 1/10 summit) because I got into boats. Now I'm back up to 6 land vehicles.
Feb 09, 2013, 09:26 AM
Registered User
Yup, I should have kept my mamba monster summit but at the time was going into 1/5th scale baja's so needed all the money I could get. Kinda regret selling it now. I think having 7-10 RC's at a time is the norm around here. Funny thing is does anybody use all their RC's or just like having them, lol
Feb 09, 2013, 03:10 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannicksjh
Yup, I should have kept my mamba monster summit but at the time was going into 1/5th scale baja's so needed all the money I could get. Kinda regret selling it now. I think having 7-10 RC's at a time is the norm around here. Funny thing is does anybody use all their RC's or just like having them, lol
I hope you are talking about just cars, in that case I still have room to add some more.
Feb 09, 2013, 05:00 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
mredzadventure's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannicksjh
Well after a couple years out of the hobby i've decided I needed to lightly get back in with at least one RC (i don't race, just like trying a bunch of diffrent one's out, hop'in them up, tinckering, cleaning them etc). I sold everything off because I was pretty busy with babies, business and found myself with no time to play. Now that the kids are a bit older I thought why not.

Decided I'd try the micro heli thing out being winter and all. So, I bought a few micro heli's (MCX2, MSR X, Nano CPX and also a DX6i to fly them). They are fun and definately need lots of practice but still needed to get a land vehicle to calm my habbit.

So..... I bought a Traxxas Summit AGAIN (had a few in the past), A traxxas 1/16 vxl revo, traxxas vxl rally ken block and losi mini 8ight (all used but in like new condition).

Best part is that I bought all these with in a month, what is wrong with me?????

Pretty sure I'll see another baja 5b sitting in my hobby room with in the next coupe months, lol

Later
Getting back in to the hobby !. It looks like you jumped in with both feet
You have a nice start I just bought another plane this week and car once you start it is hard to stop.
Feb 09, 2013, 07:23 PM
bashing on vancouver island
veggieslinger's Avatar
yup it becomes a disease for some of us i have over 20 rc cars at the moment.
Feb 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieslinger
yup it becomes a disease for some of us i have over 20 rc cars at the moment.
Ya, I just figured out before I got out of the hobby a couple years back that I had 12 at one point but have owned at least 30 different makes/models through out the years (between the nitro's, gas, boats, heli's and now electric).

Time to start adding to those numbers!!!!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! Almost a Full Year... And Getting Back Into It! DJO Hand Launch 455 Jul 31, 2013 03:03 PM
Discussion Getting back into RC planes after 15 years scottydsntknow Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 49 Mar 27, 2013 02:08 PM
Discussion Advice for getting back into the hobby Conundrum4000 On-road Cars 39 Feb 17, 2013 03:11 PM
Discussion back into the hobby after 5 or 6 years Luisfc1972 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 0 Jan 07, 2013 09:11 PM