Mar 09, 2014, 02:36 PM

Naza-H rudder help

Ok, this may be a silly question but on the calibration screen when setting up throttle should the P and T be moving in same direction? My P slides right as throttle is increased and the T slides left as throttle is increased. If I reverse the throttle in my TX the both slide right as throttle is increased.

Also in the feedback screen everything works well but I get no response on the rudder feedback. Although it works fine in the Tail screen setup. Also, I have no rudder control once I switch back to the Common screen. Any ideas what's going on? I'm using a AR8000, DX8,Towerpro MG 995 analog tail servo (the Naza is set to Analog tail 50hz). I plan on doing scale flying with this Trex600 CF with a Century 500MD Tow Defender body.

Today I took the rudder out of the Naza loop and it works fine. Put it back in and the same problem, It's weird, i can move it just fine in the "Tail" part of the Naza setup and in calibration it sees it and responds with the correct on screen movement, same for the Common page. But the only place i can actually move it is on the "Tail" screen. I can hear it tying to move all the other times and it only moves about a milometer in each direction and buzzes. Any help would be great!

Kyle
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2014, 03:26 PM
Here is a short video of what is going on. Then it started jerking all by itself at the end, i wasn't touching anything.

NAZA H ruddder servo issues (2 min 32 sec)
Mar 11, 2014, 05:42 PM
OK, i figured it out. My Gyro percentages were set to 0. I have 3, i set positions 0 to 100%, 1 tp 50% and 2 to 25%. Now i have no idea whether those are correct but at least they got the tail servo moving. Can anyone share all their DX8 setting? Thanks

I still need to figure out on the calibration screen when setting up throttle should the P and T be moving in same direction? My P slides right as throttle is increased and the T slides left as throttle is increased. If I reverse the throttle in my TX the both slide right as throttle is increased.

Kyle
Last edited by gromitvt10; Mar 11, 2014 at 05:48 PM.
Mar 18, 2014, 09:11 PM
I sent DJI an email asking for help with my Naza-H issues and this is what i got back:

We apologize but as of now DJI is not offering support on the Helicopter Naza.

Rob E.
DJI Technology,
Systems Administrator.

THANKS DJI for all the wonderful product support!!!!
Mar 18, 2014, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Gromit,

I think this email is being misinterpreted. I believe that what Rob was trying to state is that DJI LA currently does not offer support for the Helicopter line of products. This is a new center with a new staff and they have their hands full with the Multi Rotor products and doing repairs and replacements. DJI has not stopped supporting the Naza H or the WKH. I agree that the promised updates have been slow in coming. The heli users concerns have been raised to DJI corp for their review.

Ed
Mar 19, 2014, 09:02 AM
Ed,
I really hope that is the case. I wish Rob would have clarified that, the response surely makes it sound like DJI as a whole is no longer supporting Naza-H.
Mar 19, 2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10
Ed,
I really hope that is the case. I wish Rob would have clarified that, the response surely makes it sound like DJI as a whole is no longer supporting Naza-H.
That is not the case. I have a Naza H and WKH. I will say that DJI is pouring a lot of R&D time into the Multi Rotor line but remember they started with Helis and the Ace One.
Mar 19, 2014, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
That is not the case. I have a Naza H and WKH. I will say that DJI is pouring a lot of R&D time into the Multi Rotor line but remember they started with Helis and the Ace One.
So if i have any heli related issues i shouldn't count on DJI for any help, i'll just rely on my fellow RCG'ers
Mar 19, 2014, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10
So if i have any heli related issues i shouldn't count on DJI for any help, i'll just rely on my fellow RCG'ers
I would say relative to DJI LA the users here have way more experience with the heli controllers than they do. So right now, the answer is yes. If you need repair or replacement then the dealer is your first contact. If there are issues that cannot be solved, then a PM to me can escalate the issue to DJI Corp and the engineers. I hope that helps.
Mar 19, 2014, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
I would say relative to DJI LA the users here have way more experience with the heli controllers than they do. So right now, the answer is yes. If you need repair or replacement then the dealer is your first contact. If there are issues that cannot be solved, then a PM to me can escalate the issue to DJI Corp and the engineers. I hope that helps.
Yes it does, thanks!
Mar 30, 2014, 02:05 PM
KD4KW
Question I have is : can I use the "H" without the gps and have attitude mode ? I know I won't have the gps features but what will I have for attitude mode?
Thanks.
Mar 30, 2014, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd4Kw
Question I have is : can I use the "H" without the gps and have attitude mode ? I know I won't have the gps features but what will I have for attitude mode?
Thanks.
Yes, the GPS is an upgrade, not necessary for ATTI mode.
Apr 21, 2014, 05:19 AM
None
anyone else make a similar FC for a heli? thanks
Last edited by mattjk; Apr 21, 2014 at 05:25 AM.
Aug 04, 2014, 04:12 AM
Hi All I just assembled my new helli with NAZA-H.
By mistake I didn't ordered the BEC.

I have few questions,
1. My ESC have an internal BEC should I connect it regularly with the 5V input?
2. Can I use any type of BEC?

to the piolts here how installed it without the DJI BEC, could you please send me some scheme of how to connect it?

Now, just an operation question, Does this NAZA-H fail safe is making return to home and landing?
who does the fail safe is functioning here?

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,
Amir.
Aug 04, 2014, 05:41 PM
None
you should use the dji BEC. It will be more reliable, IMO.

Quick Reply