Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:02 AM
Find More Posts by doonunder
Well got one coming via singpost so I figure I've got pleeeeeeeeeenty of time to mull over a set up.
Using my 3300mah 4s lipos and if AUW won't exceed 1200gm I am looking at a NTM prop drive approx 1300kv and http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...6_Pusher_.html
which if is anything like the 5x5 version will more than stand up to any abuse.

Should be a good compromise between efficiency and performance I am hoping, thoughts?

Edit; 28mm motor if weight is under 1200gms?
Last edited by doonunder; Feb 15, 2013 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to add
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by NutBag
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Cool video, but do you mean Z-84? I couldn't find any info about Z-86s...
Yeah I meant the little wingwing Z-84.
Here's a new one I just threw together as the old one was a bit battle scarred.
Video Inverted V in a fin, uhf dipole in wing and cut the wingtip skids off to clean it up a bit more and it was a little yawry in wind.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:24 AM
Find More Posts by blueprint
FPV Pilot
Has anybodies shipped from Hobby King yet? Placed my order 8 days ago and it still says Received in the status. Guess chinese new year is still in effect.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:27 AM
Find More Posts by flitelab
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Has anybodies shipped from Hobby King yet? Placed my order 8 days ago and it still says Received in the status. Guess chinese new year is still in effect.
Same here although an order (that didn't include this wing) I placed the same day after this one shipped this morning.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by hammer833
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
I placed an order 10 days ago and it just shipped today. HK has been on holidays for 2 weeks for Chinese New Years. Be prepared for a delay in shipping with the Chinese post office as well. After New Years they have a huge backlog. I had an order last year at this time that took 3weeks for shipping.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by blueprint
FPV Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
I placed an order 10 days ago and it just shipped today. HK has been on holidays for 2 weeks for Chinese New Years. Be prepared for a delay in shipping with the Chinese post office as well. After New Years they have a huge backlog. I had an order last year at this time that took 3weeks for shipping.
bummer.... was hoping to have it by the end of the month.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by HappySundays
OpenAeroVTOL developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag View Post
Yeah I meant the little wingwing Z-84.
Here's a new one I just threw together as the old one was a bit battle scarred.
Video Inverted V in a fin, uhf dipole in wing and cut the wingtip skids off to clean it up a bit more and it was a little yawry in wind.
Thanks nutbag,
Can you post a list of all the components you use to make up your FPV setup?
From camera to TX and also at your end.
I'm a bit surprised it all fits in the Z-84.

My model is now listed as "in Queue" but not shipped.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by NutBag
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Thanks nutbag,
Can you post a list of all the components you use to make up your FPV setup?
From camera to TX and also at your end.
I'm a bit surprised it all fits in the Z-84.

My model is now listed as "in Queue" but not shipped.
It fits in... Just takes a little work, some soldering skills and imagination.
- ezuhf 8ch lite rx with dipole, skylark tiny 3 osd with 10hz GPS and current sensor, 2x hs56 servos, castle Phoenix 10esc, axi 2204-54 motor w/6x5, 5a ubec, mickeymouse lc filter, superhad600 pz0420 cam, 300mw vtx and a zippy1300 15c 3s Lipo.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:49 AM
gke
Find More Posts by gke
gke
Quote:
Originally Posted by doonunder View Post
Well got one coming via singpost so I figure I've got pleeeeeeeeeenty of time to mull over a set up.
Using my 3300mah 4s lipos and if AUW won't exceed 1200gm I am looking at a NTM prop drive approx 1300kv and http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...6_Pusher_.html
which if is anything like the 5x5 version will more than stand up to any abuse.

Should be a good compromise between efficiency and performance I am hoping, thoughts?

Edit; 28mm motor if weight is under 1200gms?
Motocalc says 90min at 35% throttle optimum airspeed 11M/S. I don't have the NTM params so I used a Hyperion 2213-24 1337K/V. It also predicts 260C motor temp at full throttle!

I will probably run a "toy" Turnigy 2213-20 1050Kv with a 9x6 folder with a 3s 4900 pack. Prediction is 120min at 52%. A 3s 2200 pack shows 70min. I tend to use the 2213-20s and the 2200 packs on must of my under 1Kg aircraft - not rocket ships but good enough.

My order has progressed to the warehouse .
Last edited by gke; Feb 16, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gke View Post
Motocalc says 90min at 35% throttle optimum airspeed 11M/S. I don't have the NTM params so I used a Hyperion 2213-24 1337K/V. It also predicts 260C motor temp at full throttle!

I will probably run a "toy" Turnigy 2213-20 1050Kv with a 9x6 folder with a 3s 4900 pack. Prediction is 120min at 52%. A 3s 2200 pack shows 70min. I tend to use the 2213-20s and the 2200 packs on must of my under 1Kg aircraft - not rocket ships but good enough.
Thanks... is that good or bad
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:16 AM
gke
Find More Posts by gke
gke
Quote:
Thanks... is that good or bad
The full throttle temperature prediction is bad if you use it for more than a very short burst - the magnets cook!

There are an almost unlimited number of motor/prop combinations out there.

For 1300K/V the pitch probably should be closer to 4. If the motor is this one they recommend 8x3.8.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...50KV_310W.html

6.5x4 still seems to give 84min as and the motor efficiency is 79% which is OK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...4_Pusher_.html

Buy and try I guess.

Motocalc is not a perfect predictor but it gets close.
Last edited by gke; Feb 16, 2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gke View Post
The full throttle temperature prediction is bad if you use it for more than a very short burst - the magnets cook!

There are an almost unlimited number of motor/prop combinations out there.

For 1300K/V the pitch probably should be closer to 4. If the motor is this one they recommend 8x3.8.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...50KV_310W.html

6.5x4 still seems to give 84min as and the motor efficiency is 79% which is OK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...4_Pusher_.html

Buy and try I guess.

Motocalc is not a perfect predictor but it gets close.
Thanks gke, couldn't find any info on the hyperion one but that ntm you linked looks a little small, i have a proven setup with a ntm 2200KV 28-36 and 6 inch prop but would be nice to have a quieter and as many say more efficient low kv setup on this one.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:12 AM
gke
Find More Posts by gke
gke
Quote:
Thanks gke, couldn't find any info on the hyperion one but that ntm you linked looks a little small, i have a proven setup with a ntm 2200KV 28-36 and 6 inch prop but would be nice to have a quieter and as many say more efficient low kv setup on this one.
All good. The 28-36 would certainly take it out vertically but as you say a bit noisy!

I will do some endurance times when I get it in the air and post the results. For interest and only slightly off topic my UAV efforts back a bit - a bit grainy.

Aerobotics - UAV Duigan Fly By (0 min 50 sec)

Cheers
Greg
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by Blue Flyer
happy when flying
I have a few 2200mah 4S here I'll use in parallel. with my 3542 NTM 1000kv motor I had on my skywalker and a 9x6 prop. Boscam HD cam already on my Funjet Ultra but a bit too heavy for that... looks Ideal for the little hole in the bottom of this though, with a wdr600 on the top motor mount. I've been piddling around for ages in FPV and only recently started to get any success. will convert my Bixler 2 back to LOS and just have 2 x FPV planes.... Funjet Ultra and Phantom FX61
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporalB View Post
I have a few 2200mah 4S here I'll use in parallel. with my 3542 NTM 1000kv motor I had on my skywalker and a 9x6 prop. Boscam HD cam already on my Funjet Ultra but a bit too heavy for that... looks Ideal for the little hole in the bottom of this though, with a wdr600 on the top motor mount. I've been piddling around for ages in FPV and only recently started to get any success. will convert my Bixler 2 back to LOS and just have 2 x FPV planes.... Funjet Ultra and Phantom FX61
Hi CorporalB, did you have any problems with the MG90s in your Bixler2? I had 2 burn out whilst in stabilization.
Last edited by doonunder; Feb 16, 2013 at 05:08 PM.