Nov 24, 2018, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpina View Post
Krazyman thats a horrible way of launching , iam sorry , having the propeller go right in front of your face if i picture it right ?

From the surface of this wing 2kg is nothing , i didnt fly mine much because its nots practical to carry , i miss it and its room fuse.
Actually the prop goes over the top of my head with about a foot clearance. After trying a overhand throw, and ending up in the Emergency Room to get 14 stitches in my arm and hand, I have been launching it over my head and behind with no problem or fear of getting sliced up.

Terry
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2018, 03:25 AM
SAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyman View Post
Terry
Change to twin EDF option
Lost and and finally found...

Be eaten by Alligators or Zeta FX-61 EDF (8 min 48 sec)
Last edited by tvdrone; Dec 09, 2018 at 03:34 AM.
Dec 09, 2018, 08:29 AM
FPV IT
So 433mhz radio, 1.2ghz fpv great, looks good for miles and miles. But a twin edf and a 5200mah pack for sub 10 minute flights

You said in the video you broke the prop. Did you mean the motor mount? If so have a look here: http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...product_id=226 FX-61 is the same as the FX-79 mount.
Last edited by TOMZILLA; Dec 09, 2018 at 08:34 AM.
Dec 09, 2018, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdrone View Post
Change to twin EDF option
Lost and and finally found...
Nice and dedicated rescue, but those two ducted fans are a piss poor replacement for a good motor/prop combo.
Dec 13, 2018, 06:02 PM
RC fanatic
Also in black!
Just spent 2 nights laminating this.
Dec 16, 2018, 09:24 PM
Maker of things
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop View Post
Also in black!
Just spent 2 nights laminating this.
that black looks awesome! what material is that?
Dec 18, 2018, 10:21 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerFlite View Post
that black looks awesome! what material is that?
Its HobbyKing film - very easy to work with - much better at shrinking than solarfilm I have found, so easier to remove wrinkles. Also you can place layers over each other and after ironing not even notice its not a single piece - its a lot cheaper than solarfilm too - I have clear solarfilm on the underside covering the doodles (although that photo was before I did the clear film).
Jan 06, 2019, 02:54 PM
I've been putting in some work on my FX-61 build and it's coming along. My plan is to use this primarily for night flying missions. At first I was planning on using my old RVOSD in it but then I had an Eagletree Vector available so I was going to use that. But now I'm most likely going to use a Pitlab FC in this wing - it really is the best option for night flying as I can land in near total darkness with the Pitlab ILS system.

I'm using a SunnySky x2820 920kv for this build as I had a spare one lying around. It's a bit bigger than I would normally go but I've seen some people using very similar sized motors on long range missions. I was also going to use a 60A Finwing ESC but I am going to try out one of those Hobbywing Flyfun V5 ESC's with the active freewheeling.

I wanted to use MarkQ's brilliant FC mount for this build but the Pitlab is too long to fit. I'll either have to whip something up out of light plywood or see if there's another 3D printed part I can have made.

Endurance is going to be important for my FX-61 as two of the missions I'm thinking about are going to be getting images of upper atmospheric lightning and meteors.
Jan 06, 2019, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus View Post
Endurance is going to be important for my FX-61 as two of the missions I'm thinking about are going to be getting images of upper atmospheric lightning and meteors.
I would love to see the images from that when you get this finished!

Looks like a good start to your build! My FX-61 has been a long-running workhorse.
Jan 22, 2019, 08:47 AM
RC fanatic
Finishing off my new fx61 build. Scratching my head with where to mount the runcam split camera. Current thoughts are in the camera hole, although arranging it to not point down so much as the cut-out tries to make it. Just trying to get it as tidy a build as possible. Suggestions?
Jan 22, 2019, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Finishing off my new fx61 build. Scratching my head with where to mount the runcam split camera. Current thoughts are in the camera hole, although arranging it to not point down so much as the cut-out tries to make it. Just trying to get it as tidy a build as possible. Suggestions?
Partly embed it in the lid?

I did that with my Runcam HD, and some one in this thread did it with a Moebius:
Last edited by mike_o; Jan 22, 2019 at 09:26 AM.
Jan 22, 2019, 10:48 AM
Quote:
My solution was to get a CXN pan & tilt and then cut a circular hole above the ply part in the hatch, and then glue two bits of basswood in there to hold the pan servo. One of the basswood bits did split when I screwed the servo down but I just flowed some thin CA in there to repair it.
Jan 22, 2019, 03:22 PM
At the moment I have that similar, but actually such a tower construction is an absurd thing ... The plane mutates into a barn gate and the possible flying time is practically halved.
Jan 22, 2019, 05:22 PM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target0815 View Post
At the moment I have that similar, but actually such a tower construction is an absurd thing ... The plane mutates into a barn gate and the possible flying time is practically halved.
Agreed!

My original fx61 (still flying) has a Runcam Eagle in the nose (cut away foam in front of the canopy fastner), plus a Runcam HD 2 slid into its bracket fitted to the lid. These two on a camera switcher built into the OSD board. But on this new build I want to make it as clean as possible with the Runcam Split 2S as the only camera. I would have really have liked to put a longer cable on the runcam split to better locate the circuit board part within the fuselage, but the 2S model doesn't have a longer cable available (new cable type). As it stands, the circuit will have to go directly behind the camera. My plan is for an upper deck to hold the LiPo, so loads of space underneath for Flight controller and Runcam split (and whatever else I decide to put in there). Looks something like this just now:

Motor: NTM 35-48 900kv
ESC: Hobbywing FlyFun v5 60A
FC: Matek F405 Wing running Ardupilot Plane (latest dev ChibiOS firmware)
VTx: Matek HV 600mA VTx
Cam: RunCam Split 2S
GPS: Matek M8N (with mag)
Control/telemetry: Ultimate LRS Bee board (self built) 1W bi-directional with 19.2k bi-directional Mavlink telemetry

One last question if you will - on my original FX-61 I have the servo linkage at full 1:1 (outside holes on both servo/control horns). Wondering if I may have been better with lower throws, so linkage closer in on servo horns. Wondering what you guys have for your linkages?

Cheers, Paul
Airspeed sensor - I may possibly add one but not so far

Quick Reply