Discussion

Zeta FX-61 FPV Flying Wing EPO Airplane 1550mm / 61 inch

Now this looks promising ?
http://www.newzeta.com/FX-61.html

http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...antom-kit.html

http://aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=7583

http://www.ladroneshop.com/fr/avions...tom-fx-61.html

ZETA FX-61 Phantom (1 min 17 sec)
Last edited by Dogdude; Oct 09, 2014 at 05:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2013, 06:44 AM
julius
Yes it is !!
Need tester !

ju
Feb 06, 2013, 06:57 AM
Thread OP
Yes, it looks to me like a bigger wing area than a Zephyr 2, clearly designed for long slow flights, I assume with the kit we could add a punchier motor,esc and prop combo to get sporty with it
Not sure but the motor in the PnF version looks like a 2830 roughly (900kv)
Feb 06, 2013, 10:37 AM
FPV Pilot
Looks good. I have the small version and it was decent.

Im curious to see if this has a plastic motor mount (which breaks very easily) or a metal one.
Feb 06, 2013, 12:40 PM
On a holiday?
Plastic can be very durable if designed right. Sometimes it's even good to design some parts to fail in order to protect other parts.
Feb 06, 2013, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
Some more pictures
Last edited by Dogdude; Oct 09, 2014 at 05:17 AM.
Feb 06, 2013, 02:00 PM
fly by night
laminate it, 4 S it, might be a better bird than the Z2. Nice
Feb 06, 2013, 02:51 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Looks like the front hole is for the FPV camera, but where to put the GoPro ? Weight of PnP is interesting, maybe 1.5 Kg AUW with FPV gear ?
Feb 06, 2013, 08:35 PM
fly by night
GoPro - just build it into the leading edge like with a Ritewing. I have seen guys build the whole GoPro polycarb case into the leading edge, for better protection.

But you know, I don;t fly with Gopro any more. Maybe a Horyzon HD/FPV cam would be perfect.

When it comes to weights listed on HK - add 50% or maybe double it.
Feb 07, 2013, 02:12 AM
OpenAeroVTOL developer
Just ordered mine.
Tried to attach a manual but it's oversized.
Just google fx61_manual.pdf
Last edited by HappySundays; Feb 07, 2013 at 02:22 AM.
Feb 07, 2013, 03:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
But you know, I don;t fly with Gopro any more. Maybe a Horyzon HD/FPV cam would be perfect.
Yes, I was thinking the same
I'm holding off buying until we get it here in the UK

If it flies as it should this could be something of a game changer
So many people out there who aren't into scratch builds or full on assembly, also this thing has a larger wing area than most
Though it looks as if it's designed for slow, floating flights and duration at least HK have immediately launched the KIT version too so experienced folk can add their own power systems and make of it what they will

No having to cut out loads of holes and slots for batteries and gear, that's my favourite part
Feb 07, 2013, 04:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays
Just ordered mine.
Tried to attach a manual but it's oversized.
Just google fx61_manual.pdf
Great, really look forward to seeing a report on it
Any valuable info I can add into the first above
Feb 07, 2013, 07:51 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Is HK shipping? or will they wait until the Chinese New Years is over?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Feb 07, 2013, 08:08 AM
Aka... Chris Graham
Ive just ordered one, I have the little wingwing kitted out with osd, uhf rx etc and really love it.
I also have a Z2, I dont think this will be on the same page for performance in std form but Im thinking it will fly nicely and for a long time.
Be interested to see the airfoil they have used, the little one has a very lifty undercambered wing.
Feb 07, 2013, 01:31 PM
FPV Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo
Plastic can be very durable if designed right. Sometimes it's even good to design some parts to fail in order to protect other parts.
I agree except that this is a crucial part of the aircraft. Every landing unless you have a Folding Prop will result in the propeller striking the ground. Overtime this weakened my plastic motor mount and it ultimately broke.

I eventually constructed my own wooden motor mount and it's help up better than the plastic mount.

With this aircraft and it's potential to carry heavy payload.... i don't see that motor mount lasting very long.

Quick Reply