Feb 05, 2013, 12:57 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Getting my head around RTH

In all cases, regardless of the sort of failsafe your Rx has, is the Eagletree is looking for inactivity on one or more inputs to the Rx to engage RTH? In other words, it doesn't truly "know" that the Rx has lost contact the the Tx, right?

As for the testing of RTH, does it always come down to tricking the OSD into seeing a failsafe position on one of the inputs that runs through the OSD (i.e. ailerons, throttle)? Or is there a way to assign another, unused channel? If so, it does not seem like there is any room on the OSD to accommodate an unused channel.

Thanks!

Scott
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2013, 10:01 AM
The OSD is not looking for in-activity, it's looking for a specific throttle position you have made it aware of when you run the Servo Analysis wizard. This relies upon a properly set up Failsafe on Your transmitter. It is widely written about in the FPV ET OSD thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_linste
In all cases, regardless of the sort of failsafe your Rx has, is the Eagletree is looking for inactivity on one or more inputs to the Rx to engage RTH? In other words, it doesn't truly "know" that the Rx has lost contact the the Tx, right?

As for the testing of RTH, does it always come down to tricking the OSD into seeing a failsafe position on one of the inputs that runs through the OSD (i.e. ailerons, throttle)? Or is there a way to assign another, unused channel? If so, it does not seem like there is any room on the OSD to accommodate an unused channel.

Thanks!

Scott
Feb 06, 2013, 12:42 PM
Thread OP
Thanks! So, if this throttle position, as far as the receiver is concerned, is effectively an "off" position, that doesn't matter since the OSD's failsafe throttle position is saved as a level flight, non-zero value which we have assigned during the Servo WIzard, correct?
Feb 06, 2013, 04:14 PM
Thread OP
I still don't get where you "tell" the Eagletree that the negative throttle position is where it should take over. Seems to me that during the servo wizard we are only telling it cruise throttle position and descent throttle positions.
Feb 06, 2013, 06:55 PM
Thread OP
Eureka! I just realized the point at which the OSD is "taught" the Rx's failsafe: it's when it asks you to turn off the Tx during the servo wizard.
Feb 07, 2013, 08:55 AM
yep.
you can use some down trim or program a switch to make the throttle go a bit negative when you set your failsafes. that way its out of the normal range of throttle travel. then run the wizard.
search some et osd threads in the fpv forum to get more detail.

Quick Reply