New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by TomCrump
ARFs Are Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcav8r2 View Post
I use seeTemp (seetemp.com)
Here's a REALLY old web page I did years ago that shows how I use it.
http://home.comcast.net/~daverc102/spookmain.htm
I'm surprised that nobody commented on your post.

See Temp is a viable option when duplicating parts, and it is probably one of the easiest to do.

I'm using it on my current build. What a time saver. At least it is for me.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:24 AM
Find More Posts by twalther
I would not use 3M 77 as it is a permanent adhesive, instead use 3M spray mount. It is intended for such applications.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by conrad907
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
I'm surprised that nobody commented on your post.

See Temp is a viable option when duplicating parts, and it is probably one of the easiest to do.

I'm using it on my current build. What a time saver. At least it is for me.
I used the acetone transfer method for my current build, and thought it worked quite well. It is mentioned in the forum here this can cause distortion of the paper. I hadn't really thought about that. I do agree with this method of cutting and labeling templates as a good approach. I will do this next time I scratch build from plans.

conrad
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:48 AM
Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Flying Low
For me making templates is the easiest thing. These are some of the templates I did for the Cap 232 I am building. Just use any heavy card stock you have around the house. Cereal boxes work great. I am saving all my templates for multiple reasons. In case I damage a wing I will be able to quickly replace broken parts, some buddies at the field have expressed interest in having the same plane if it flys well, and hell I think I might build another one.