This thread is privately moderated by peterswolf, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 03, 2013, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Dynam Spitfire (47")

Flight Pack: GensAce 3S 2200mah 55C

Purchased this one used from a member on RCGroups, it has a great custom paint job, and very cool weathering.
Last edited by peterswolf; Aug 01, 2014 at 08:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2013, 01:14 PM
Thread OP

Originally Posted 09/22/2012

I managed to get this one assembled today, however missing two bolts from the package so still a bit of work left. I also am waiting on a receiver, so once I get both those things taken care of Iíll be ready to maiden this one. She looks great with her custom paint job. As it is a Dynam plane, assembly was extremely easy and there is lots of space in the fuse for the wiring and battery. I really like how Dynam always makes sure there is plenty of space inside the plane for your electronic setup.
Feb 03, 2013, 01:16 PM
Thread OP

Originally Posted 09/28/2012

I took her out to the airfield this morning. I got a flight in on my Corsair and then took the Spitfire out to maiden. Did all the usual checks and taxied her out to the runway. She tracked pretty straight down the runway, I was a little slow on the throttle and could see the nose starting to tip forward, so I pulled gently back on the elevator, gave her some more throttle and then pulled back and up she went! She did waver a little in the air, like she was a boat going over some rough water or something. I fond that even a full throttle she would still sink down, so obviously nose heavy. Put in a little up elevator on the trim to help compensate but she is definitely nose heavy (better than tail heavy on a maiden!). This is certainly the hardest plane Iíve had to fly, due to the wing type when you start a roll she wants to keep going on her own, so I flew her very gentle and scale like to trim out the rest of her. I did some very nice clean passes, she tracks amazingly well! Landing was much cleaner than I thought itíd be. I figured I might have some issues landing being nose heavy, but I got her down perfectly with no nose over at all, Iíll thank the previous owner for that as he raked the gear forward a little. While I didnít get any pictures flying, hereís a few from the bench showing off the nice custom paint job and weathering.

Quick Reply