Originally Posted by Keyrigger
Looks good so far. Make sure that you have enough room in the tail of that fuse to take the boom complete, less braces, with the ability to put the tail rotor shaft at least part way up the rear gearbox covering. Don't get the tail so small in the quest to keep it scale, that you can't get the mechanics inside it. Most 450 size fuses are oversized in the tail boom for that very reason and there is little chance on being able to change that in the near future. Also keep in mind the control rods for the tail pitch but those could be changed to Sullivan Goldenrods or plastic sleaves glued to the boom and the existing rod bent to bring it right up against the boom so that there is minimal increase in body boom diameter needed. Take care.
I've been thinking of the issues with the tail. I've got an idea in mind, but don't want to get to ambitious yet, Once I've got a rough model of my mechanics made I'll make the final decesions on the tail. Belt drives are easy enough to manipulate and I've got a nice carbon fiber sheet I made at work a couple years ago to play with.