Feb 01, 2013, 11:55 PM
Discussion

Aurora 9 locked on screen "Version Changed"

I have a brand new Aurora 9. I just turned it on for the first time tonight. The opening screen shows:

"[Iformation] Version Changed Ver.107(0) -> Ver.1.08(1) <OK>"

However when I try to push OK on the screen nothing happens. I have turned it on and off several times but nothing changes.

What am I doing wrong?

Internet searches do not provide any information.

Thank you.

Bret C
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2013, 12:01 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
Shot in the dark: try touching all over the screen, the touch screen might need calibration and doesn't line up with the ok.
Feb 02, 2013, 12:09 AM

Touch screen problem?

I found part of the problem. The touch screen is not very responsive. I again tried to push the OK button several times, finally it changed windows. Then in an attempt to get to other screens, I had a very difficult and time consuming time repeatedly pushing the touch screen. Wetting my fingers did not help.

Any ideas?

Bret C
Feb 02, 2013, 12:18 AM
FCB Flyer - Good suggestion. I was finally able to get through the screen calibration process and the screen is reacting a tiny bit better, but unless it can get a lot better, I am not impressed with the transmitter touch screen.
Thanks
Bret C
Feb 02, 2013, 12:32 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
Did you take off the protective film?
My screen worked better without it.
Also my Aurora is old and I didn't get the stylus with it. The stylus works better than fingers.
Feb 02, 2013, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretC
FCB Flyer - Good suggestion. I was finally able to get through the screen calibration process and the screen is reacting a tiny bit better, but unless it can get a lot better, I am not impressed with the transmitter touch screen. Thanks Bret C
. Aurora 9 - Screen Protector & Intermittent Screen or Icon Problems - Remove Protector or Not & alternate replacements & DIY Fixes.
. Aurora 9 - Screen Sensitivity & Recalibration - Pressure switches, not capacitive, use either Stylus provided or very tip of finger for best results.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

In need, email/phone direct to:

Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
service@hitecrcd.com any time you have a question"
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Feb 02, 2013, 10:33 AM
I will have to try the Stylus. Thanks!