Free Ferry boat to any takers... - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 01, 2013, 08:44 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Umi_Ryuzuki's Avatar
Discussion

Free Ferry boat to any takers...


Preferably a government agency...




The MV Susitna was an experimental ferry/landing craft built by the US Navy.
And given to the bourough to be used as a ferry boat after the sea trials were finished. Now, due to slip fees and the cost of crew, maintenance and insurance, they want out.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...tna-ferry-free

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...-Susitna-Ferry

I don't think I have space... but it might make a good club house,... for someone.

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2013, 08:51 PM
---o-O-o---
blutoh's Avatar
Too much draft for our pond.
Feb 01, 2013, 11:23 PM
Towing for a living
That was one of the uglier wastes of money they have managed in a while. Some vessels are just not good ideas
Feb 02, 2013, 10:10 PM
太刀風
Tachikaze's Avatar
Greater waste of money: Fast and Furious; Nevada Geothermal; Fisker; Ener 1; Abound Solar; GM; Chrysler; Solyndra; A123;Beacon Power.....................
Feb 02, 2013, 11:20 PM
Registered User
Robert Pulse's Avatar

ugly


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug Jaguar
That was one of the uglier wastes of money they have managed in a while. Some vessels are just not good ideas
Hey
it would make a great summer home. Im game!
Bob

They could deliver it to me and I would build my dream home
Feb 03, 2013, 09:29 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
der kapitan's Avatar
Gee Robert, you must be a masochist. Just the overhead would kill your budget---.

Note that though enthusiastic, Umi was smart enough to avoid the temptation---.
Feb 03, 2013, 10:29 AM
Registered User
Robert Pulse's Avatar

home


Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan
Gee Robert, you must be a masochist. Just the overhead would kill your budget---.

Note that though enthusiastic, Umi was smart enough to avoid the temptation---.
Its ok, the mississippi is more than likely too shallow anyway. They are having a hard time moving barges as it is. I couldn't imagine the costs to move it from there to here.
Feb 03, 2013, 12:52 PM
Towing for a living
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Pulse
Hey
it would make a great summer home. Im game!
Bob

They could deliver it to me and I would build my dream home
You keep thinking that.
Feb 03, 2013, 11:31 PM
A man without religion
Ironman929's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikaze
Greater waste of money: Fast and Furious; Nevada Geothermal; Fisker; Ener 1; Abound Solar; GM; Chrysler; Solyndra; A123;Beacon Power.....................
Some would say that buying RC boats is a big waste of money. The two that said that to me can't talk, due to broken jaws!
Feb 04, 2013, 03:13 AM
Registered User
thorsail's Avatar
using old hulls as yacht clubs has been done, like here in Chicago...
if this link works, you'll see a dandy example.

http://columbiayachtclub.org/viewCustomPage.aspx?id=27

(OK,it works fine)
I can remember being down on the cargo deck and seeing the train tracks set into the deck.
many years ago-no idea how it all has been changed since then or what....it did have a nice cozy
little bar though topsides.
Feb 04, 2013, 03:03 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Portable club house with water pad to lunch boats into the water and bring it back to the top the easy. Would be fun to go Island hopping with if I had the $$...
Feb 04, 2013, 05:17 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Umi_Ryuzuki's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith S
Portable club house with water pad to lunch boats into the water and bring it back to the top the easy. Would be fun to go Island hopping with if I had the $$...
You don't need $$ the boat is free,...
Make your friends and guests pay for fuel, crew and insurance fees.



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Misc foreign Money Any Takers $25 shipped Mikey 68 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 0 Jan 13, 2013 01:26 PM
Sold Misc foreign Money Any Takers $25 shipped Mikey 68 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 2 Jan 10, 2013 01:53 PM
Sold Misc foreign Money Any Takers $25 shipped Mikey 68 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 0 Jan 10, 2013 02:19 AM
Dago Red for Sale, any Takers..... Twinboom Inland Slope Rebels 1 Oct 14, 2005 02:45 AM
E.E. Lightning EDF.Any takers? bipeflyer Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 Feb 19, 2002 01:24 PM