Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by Mudnyrey
Discussion

Need Help, Issues with old Motor on a P-38

Ok, For starters I had purchased a P-38 2nd hand in great condition, purchased from HK sometime ago.

One of my motors is acting up. Looking into, I have found one of the main power leads of the motor in question with two main lead wires are cut, creating intermittent speed issues at RPM.

I have been trying to find another brushless outboard bell to replace and upgrade to. The motors on my P-38 has no sticker to find it's Kv or model name etc.. I believe it's 1150-1200Kv.

So in my search I found a Turnigy DST Bell 1200Kv but had no dimensions of bell size or shaft. Come to find out it's perfect, but the shaft isn't long enough.
The shaft has to be a "Threaded shaft" and is 2mm in diameter and approximately
1 1/16" in length from the bell end housing of the original motor I need!
The one purchased is roughly 2mm x 3/4".

I removed the shaft alone to see if I could replace just the shaft. No Bueno!

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to find something that is atleast 1200Kv + motor. But at this point would be happy with stock. HK itmes are all on "Back Order".

Mud~
to remove ads between posts