Thread Tools
Feb 01, 2013, 08:20 AM
Sweeper Nut
Sweeper Nut's Avatar
I guess we all deserve health insurance we just don't deserve the same health coverage .

"Bronze will be the lowest tier health-insurance plan available under Obamacare--after Silver, Gold, and Platinum."

W T F? If they are going to national health care everyone should get the same coverage.
Feb 01, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sweeper Nut
Sweeper Nut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Oh wait, I found it. This is good. Everyone will be getting an annual W-2 from their health insurance provider, which probably must be included with the tax return. Tax/penalty is on a monthly basis so if you only had coverage for 5 months you would a tax/penalty of the other 7 months.

Brave new world. Get ready!
http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/...alty-will-work

Yup.. i noticed on my W2 this year my employer has the value of my health plan on it.
Feb 01, 2013, 09:03 AM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea
W T F? If they are going to national health care everyone should get the same coverage.
If that was the case it would apply to congress, and there would be no waivers for their political friends...
Feb 01, 2013, 09:09 AM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea
I guess we all deserve health insurance we just don't deserve the same health coverage .

"Bronze will be the lowest tier health-insurance plan available under Obamacare--after Silver, Gold, and Platinum."

W T F? If they are going to national health care everyone should get the same coverage.
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"
George Orwell - Animal Farm.
Feb 01, 2013, 09:10 AM
Registered User
Greybird's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea
I guess we all deserve health insurance we just don't deserve the same health coverage .

"Bronze will be the lowest tier health-insurance plan available under Obamacare--after Silver, Gold, and Platinum."

W T F? If they are going to national health care everyone should get the same coverage.
So, EVERYONE pays more, and the coverage is the same as it ever was.... Perfect..
Feb 01, 2013, 10:10 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea
I guess we all deserve health insurance we just don't deserve the same health coverage .

"Bronze will be the lowest tier health-insurance plan available under Obamacare--after Silver, Gold, and Platinum."

W T F? If they are going to national health care everyone should get the same coverage.
Why?
Feb 01, 2013, 10:27 AM
Sweeper Nut
Sweeper Nut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
Why?
I dont want national health insurance, I feel people should buy what they can afford or want. I just think its kinda weird that the government want's to get involved but does not want to give the same care to everyone. I could be wrong in my thinking, but if its going to happen, I would like to see all these rich politicians gettin the same care as the people bustin their humps making a living.
Feb 01, 2013, 10:34 AM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea
I dont want national health insurance, I feel people should buy what they can afford or want. I just think its kinda weird that the government want's to get involved but does not want to give the same care to everyone. I could be wrong in my thinking, but if its going to happen, I would like to see all these rich politicians gettin the same care as the people bustin their humps making a living.
Never happen.

The Mandarins have always operated by a different set of rules.
Has ever been thus.
Feb 01, 2013, 01:17 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
After reading the article this one part really caught my eye.....

Using the conditions laid out in the regulations, the IRS calculates that a family earning $120,000 per year that did not buy insurance would need to pay a "penalty" (a word the IRS still uses despite the Supreme Court ruling that it is in fact a "tax") of $2,400 in 2016.

Those SOBs are still calling it a penalty instead of a tax so you will not be able to deduct is as a tax. This Piece of legislation is more like a gang bang than a rape.

Brace yourself for the worst is yet to come.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Feb 01, 2013, 03:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ
After reading the article this one part really caught my eye.....

Using the conditions laid out in the regulations, the IRS calculates that a family earning $120,000 per year that did not buy insurance would need to pay a "penalty" (a word the IRS still uses despite the Supreme Court ruling that it is in fact a "tax") of $2,400 in 2016.

Those SOBs are still calling it a penalty instead of a tax so you will not be able to deduct is as a tax. This Piece of legislation is more like a gang bang than a rape.

Brace yourself for the worst is yet to come.
According to the SCOTUS decision that allowed Obamacare to survive ONLY if and because the madate was called a "Tax", you should just go ahead and deduct it as a tax on your IRS form. When it's denied, just sue and take it to the SCOTUS, where the issue that it is a "tax" has already been decided.
Feb 01, 2013, 04:38 PM
The ground's the limit.
shawnc's Avatar
So still no reports from a real news source then...
Feb 01, 2013, 04:58 PM
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
LVsoaring's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline
According to the SCOTUS decision that allowed Obamacare to survive ONLY if and because the madate was called a "Tax", you should just go ahead and deduct it as a tax on your IRS form. When it's denied, just sue and take it to the SCOTUS, where the issue that it is a "tax" has already been decided.

I've said it in several threads, and I'll say it again. The SC decision was written very carefully and cleverly so that it could be challenged in the future on the basis of it being a tax. And my money is on it being struck down. Any takers on a little wager?
Feb 01, 2013, 08:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc
So still no reports from a real news source then...
Wade through this and see if you still like Obamacare.
And no, this link isn't a Breitbart or TeaParty link:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Ca...Tax-Provisions
Feb 01, 2013, 09:28 PM
The ground's the limit.
shawnc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline
Wade through this and see if you still like Obamacare.
And no, this link isn't a Breitbart or TeaParty link:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Ca...Tax-Provisions
No thanks, I've always thought it was a stupid republican gimme to the insurance companies.
Feb 01, 2013, 09:30 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc
No thanks, I've always thought it was a stupid republican gimme to the insurance companies.
Woooosh.... it passed and you still didn't see whats in it


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert More evidence ObamaCare will cost us all...more. SKYPILEIT Life, The Universe, and Politics 47 Oct 01, 2012 09:36 AM
Discussion What is the real cost of Healyh Care and will Obamacare make it worse??? kf2qd Life, The Universe, and Politics 6 Jul 10, 2012 10:00 AM
Discussion Cost of Afghanistan War? = $1,000,000 Per Soldier Per Year Real Ira Life, The Universe, and Politics 60 Feb 19, 2010 09:00 AM
Discussion 20,000 families under 24 hour surveillance..in their homes MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 17 Aug 04, 2009 05:02 AM