Thread Tools
Jan 31, 2013, 08:59 PM
Tu ne cede malis
MtnGoat's Avatar
Discussion

Real Rights vs. “Rights” (State-Dispensed Privileges)


A good article on the dependence and control masked as 'rights' using the new formulation of positive rights as 'rights'.

Quote:
Let us look at and analyze Roosevelt’s schedule of “rights,” a list he included in his 1944 State of the Union addressand which Sunstein cited as a model on which Obama and Congress might create a “Second Bill of Rights.” Roosevelt prefaced his address with the statement with one which contradicted what followed:

“This nation in the past two years has become an active partner in the world’s greatest war against human slavery. We have joined with like-minded people in order to defend ourselves in a world that has been gravely threatened with gangster rule.” (Emphasis mine.)

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation.

Well, where does this “right” come from? If you, the individual, exist, then that somehow automatically entitles you to a job. Your mere existence creates the “right” to someone else’s property, money, or livelihood. Conversely, owners of industries, shops, farms and mines have a “duty” to provide you with that job. This is a formula for mutual slavery, not trade.

In the leftist/progressive or cultural Marxist political agenda, “rights” are not validated on man’s nature as a being of volitional consciousness who must establish his own values and pursue them without physical compulsion, coercion or interference by other men, and without resorting to force, but privileges that emanate from society and are doled out by the state acting for society.

Your metaphysical existence is accepted as a cipher of society, but rejected as a free, independent individual.
Read...
Jan 31, 2013, 11:57 PM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
The left often is confused about what are God given rights (Life, liberty the pursuit of happiness, the right to self defense, be secure in your person from unreasonable search and seizure ect) and what are man made benefits like housing, health care, abundance of food ect.

We are born with rights from God that others often try for various reasons to infringe upon. We are not born with benefits. Benefits are manufactured by humans and must be asked for with hat in hand.
Feb 01, 2013, 03:41 AM
Kekistani Pride
RCWorks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira
The left often is confused about what are God given rights (Life, liberty the pursuit of happiness, the right to self defense, be secure in your person from unreasonable search and seizure ect) and what are man made benefits like housing, health care, abundance of food ect.

We are born with rights from God that others often try for various reasons to infringe upon. We are not born with benefits. Benefits are manufactured by humans and must be asked for with hat in hand.
Currently the government demads other to pay for manufactured rights with a gun, the hat didn't work as well.
Feb 01, 2013, 05:01 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Man does not have any rights at all... Man is an animal, just like the rest of nature.

Any so called rights, are taken by man... or given by government.
Feb 01, 2013, 05:09 AM
Kekistani Pride
RCWorks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Man does not have any rights at all... Man is an animal, just like the rest of nature.

Any so called rights, are taken by man... or given by government.
Speak for yourself. I was born with 10 of them that cannot be denied.
Feb 01, 2013, 05:14 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
Speak for yourself. I was born with 10 of them that cannot be denied.
Correct, by virtue of your government.

And by accident of birthplace.
Feb 01, 2013, 05:16 AM
Kekistani Pride
RCWorks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Correct, by virtue of your government.

And by accident of birthplace.
Wrong again Kenny.
Feb 01, 2013, 05:23 AM
turn, turn, turn.
People born in Somalia do not have the same rights as we do.
Rights are given to the people by the government.
In our case, we are the government, and we give and take away rights, ourselves.
Feb 01, 2013, 05:27 AM
Kekistani Pride
RCWorks's Avatar
Try reading the document those rights are listed in and come back when you understand it.
Feb 01, 2013, 05:30 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
Try reading the document those rights are listed in and come back when you understand it.
Oh I understand.
The rights you speak of were written in a document by a new government.
The rights did not exist until then.
Feb 01, 2013, 05:54 AM
Kekistani Pride
RCWorks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Oh I understand.
The rights you speak of were written in a document by a new government.
The rights did not exist until then.
Wrong again... try reading and not guessing.
Feb 01, 2013, 06:02 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
Wrong again... try reading and not guessing.
God given rights, is a joke in my opinion.
Feb 01, 2013, 09:06 AM
Kekistani Pride
RCWorks's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
God given rights, is a joke in my opinion.
That's you, that's not the rest of us.
Feb 01, 2013, 12:13 PM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
People born in Somalia do not have the same rights as we do.
Rights are given to the people by the government.
In our case, we are the government, and we give and take away rights, ourselves.
Each individual born in Somalia (or anywhere else for that matter) has the same inherent, God given rights, but some peoples have not been very effective at securing those rights from infringement by their fellow humans.

Consider this a stern warning to the rest of us.
Feb 01, 2013, 12:15 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
God given rights, is a joke in my opinion.
No doubt in the opinion of many other people as well.

That view allows the oppression of the helpless to be so easy.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion lipo storage - charge state vs temp vs cycles cirrus_uk Batteries and Chargers 4 Aug 20, 2012 09:41 AM
Discussion Palin vs State Care vs“accountability journalism” MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 4 Nov 21, 2009 02:16 PM
Discussion Good: Yet another State entering States rights showdown MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 6 Apr 30, 2009 12:12 PM
Discussion Right-wing extremists in the United States Jacques Flambeau Life, The Universe, and Politics 25 Apr 17, 2009 02:07 AM
Discussion A sign of Sanity...State's rights bills now in 28 states MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Apr 06, 2009 10:21 PM