Dec 25, 2003, 10:46 PM
Thread OP

Apache S1500 1-4 cell lithium charger

Has anyone had a problem with their Apache charger? I opened mine today (Christmas present) and put in the appropriate jumpers and plugged it into my 3-cell Irate 850 pack. No led lights lit up. There was a beep after I hooked it up to the power supply and that was it. I got to looking a little closer and there were 2 holes where the leds should have been! It looks like it was screwed up when it was built. Anyone ever run into anything like this? Really puzzled and disappointed! RCNutt
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2003, 12:13 AM
12th Pursuit Squadron
The LEDs are buried inside the case, mounted right down on the circuit board. If you look down inside through the holes, you should see a red LED glowing once your bettery pack is hooked up and charging properly. This LED will flash if ther is an error, like wrong cell count or battery connected backwards. I am not sure what it would mean if you get no LED, unless you have a bad connection between battery and charger.

J.P.
Dec 26, 2003, 02:08 AM
It's the last plane honey
What J.P. said, also, the LED will turn green when the charge is complete. I have over one hundred charges on my 1500, it works great.

Andy
Dec 26, 2003, 06:59 AM
Thread OP
I tried it with 2 different sources of power. One was a emergency light battery rated at 12 volt 17ah and the other test made with a PC power source rated at 12volts dc 10 amps. Neither light on the charger lit up. I wonder if I could hook it up to a nicad or a nimh pack for a few seconds to see if I get a light of some sort? The charge rate is very similar. 12 volts and close to one amp Could this hurt anything? Maybe then I would know if it was the charger or the battery or the connector. I only have 1 lithium pack and it runs the motor alright and the polarity checks out ok. I guess my only other option is to send it back to Bishop where I bought. How are they to work with.? Anyone know? Thanx RCNutt

Quick Reply