Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:05 PM
madsci_guy is offline
Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea View Post
It's Billy Mumy's birthday today
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:46 PM
Neil Morse is online now
Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Registered Snoozer
Neil Morse's Avatar
Here's one that shows the loading process I was talking about. Sure brings back the memories.

MATTEL FANNER 50 SHOOTIN' SHELL CAP GUN COMMERCIAL (1 min 12 sec)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:50 PM
Punkie is offline
Find More Posts by Punkie
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Punkie's Avatar
Loads of cap bombs, a cap firing hand grenade, and a Man from Uncle case.
Cap guns, spud guns, and a Tommy gun that fire plastic bullets, that as my best Christmas present one year I was allowed to take to the Hospital my mum worked in (She was working Christmas day) so I could see her on Christmas day.
I was shown around the wards by one of her nurses and had fun being shot at by the male patients.
Funny how this "Lib" isn't being "Freaked out" by the ads, they just bring back good memories.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:04 PM
dll932 is online now
Find More Posts by dll932
Really?
dll932's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
Oh My goodness..... i had one! and it even had the hidden knife compartment

I used to have a plastic, 1911 that fired a 2 part bullet.... the casing had a pressed in bullet (not sure or remember the tension part, spring, plastic) but once the hammer dropped onto the back casing the bullet would shoot out. My guess is it would be worth some serious cash now.

Last one I saw on ebay went for like $450! I still have the business card from it.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:22 PM
RCWorks is offline
Find More Posts by RCWorks
Happy days are here again!
RCWorks's Avatar
I could not find a Johnny Eagle commercial... I had the Colt .45
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:50 PM
Sweeper Nut is offline
Find More Posts by Sweeper Nut
Sweeper Nut
Sweeper Nut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
Funny how this "Lib" isn't being "Freaked out" by the ads, they just bring back good memories.
The point I was trying to make is these type of toy gun commercials in todays world get the libs mad, Its good to know some libs wouldn't have a problem with toy guns being sold on todays TV ? There is hope.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:51 PM
Punkie is offline
Find More Posts by Punkie
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Punkie's Avatar
Ever boy should have a collection of cap guns.
I would have no problem with shooting being taught at school.
We had a small bore range at my secondary school.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:07 PM
Norman Adlam is online now
Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea View Post
The point I was trying to make is these type of toy gun commercials in todays world get the libs mad, Its good to know some libs wouldn't have a problem with toy guns being sold on todays TV ? There is hope.
Mike,

I can't see why anyone has to decide to label (and always in a derogative fashion, of course) any particular behaviour/likes/dislikes because of some perceived political stance (and remember that all of these viewpoints are entirely relative as our Conservatives seem to many of you to be Libs etc).

Especially on a forum, where everyone has not the slightest idea, in reality, of who they are talking to.

I think it is irrelevant and detracts from the thread contents etc
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:18 PM
Real Ira is online now
Find More Posts by Real Ira
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Dad passed away when I was very young and Mom was not inclined to allow me to play with toy guns.
Finally, when I was 9 years old, I convinced a friend to trade a Flexible Flyer sled for a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun with a broken stock. When I brought it home my Mother just about had a stroke but finally relented and let me keep it.
At that time my Grandfather was in poor health and near the end of his life. He has a well equipped basement workshop and had shown me how to use everything. It was a simple matter of waiting until my Mom and Grandmother were out shopping so I could scurry down there and cut out a new stock on the scroll saw. (I had earlier snuck a plank salvaged from a pallet board down there)
A few days later I had the finest looking BB gun in the neighborhood and was plinking away.
I believe this was the beginning of my appreciation for firearms.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:20 PM
Norman Adlam is online now
Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Dad passed away when I was very young and Mom was not inclined to allow me to play with toy guns.
Finally, when I was 9 years old, I convinced a friend to trade a Flexible Flyer sled for a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun with a broken stock. When I brought it home my Mother just about had a stroke but finally relented and let me keep it.
At that time my Grandfather was in poor health and near the end of his life. He has a well equipped basement workshop and had shown me how to use everything. It was a simple matter of waiting until my Mom and Grandmother were out shopping so I could scurry down there and cut out a new stock on the scroll saw. (I had earlier snuck a plank salvaged from a pallet board down there)
A few days later I had the finest looking BB gun in the neighborhood and was plinking away.
I believe this was the beginning of my appreciation for firearms.
Yeah - but isn't it soooo satisfying when you've made something brill all by yourself!!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:25 PM
Real Ira is online now
Find More Posts by Real Ira
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Yeah - but isn't it soooo satisfying when you've made something brill all by yourself!!
Oh heck yes!

Similar story about mini bikes and Mom.

I wanted a mini bike more than just about anything and the answer was a flat out NO!
What is a little stinker to do?
Scrounged at the local dump, behind the local lawnmower shop and everywhere else necessary with a buddy for almost a year until we had the goodies to cobble one together of course.

Rode the thing around for almost a whole summer until my Mom caught sight of me on it one day.
After that my butt hurt too bad to ride for a few day....but it was still worth it.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:27 PM
Mark Gund is offline
Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Mark Gund's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
We had bombed out buildings around us, which we played in (I still have a large scar on my hand where I managed to press a shard of glass from one of the broken windows almost through it.. ) then, after we moved, a woods across the road.

Had great fun making the middle of a giant Rhododendron bush our den!

Do you remember the Cap Bombs, Punkie?
Ahhh, Cap Bombs!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:00 PM
HELModels is offline
Find More Posts by HELModels
Registered User
HELModels's Avatar
Cap Bombs were the bomb.

They once inspired me to grab some .22 ammo and start throwing them up high in the school yard to see if I could cause a random firing, never could. I learned quite a bit about basic probability and physics.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:23 PM
Sweeper Nut is offline
Find More Posts by Sweeper Nut
Sweeper Nut
Sweeper Nut's Avatar
Cant forget the gung ho commando
Gung Ho Commando Outfit: Vintage Toys & Games for Christmas (1 min 0 sec)


And the johnny reb civil war cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...8&feature=fvwp


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Classic Vintage Gnome shipwreck5 Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 08, 2013 02:45 PM
Discussion FAA says commercial use of helis is a no no! Neiltony Multirotor Talk 2 Jan 14, 2013 03:28 AM
Discussion seeking plans for a classic toy sloop JayJay76 Sailboats 14 Aug 28, 2012 07:07 AM
For Sale Spyder Classic Paintball gun RCROBBY Non R/C Items (FS/W) 3 Oct 27, 2011 04:53 PM
Discussion Teen Girl Arrested for Toy Gun LTChip Life, The Universe, and Politics 35 May 02, 2006 08:16 AM