Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by GS_Aviator
Designer
Help!

Airfoil for hotliner

Hello
I'm building a new plane which is hotliner. Firs I was thinking to use HN-785SR airfoil but when I was looking on net I saw one airfoil called HN-straak. I was shearching on net but without luck. What is this airfoil and where is used?

I where can I get mor info of this airfol?

Thank you all for answers.

GS_Aviator
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by kcaldwel
Advancing the Schmilblick!
There doesn't seem to be a "HN-straak" airfoil of Norbert Habe's airfoil site:

http://www.habebert.com/index.php?op...mid=18&lang=en

It could be someone has re-named an airfoil, or? You could contact Norbert to find out.

Kevin

Edit: It looks like Norbert Habe was part of the development of "Rotmilan" glider, so perhaps he did a custom airfoil. He does sell his airfoils for commercial use, so it may well be proprietary:

http://planet-soaring.blogspot.ca/20...sentation.html
Last edited by kcaldwel; Feb 04, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:08 AM
Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Deniable plausibility
I don't know the exact translation from the German but 'straak' would appear to refer to a progression of aerofoils.

I'm sad to say that contacting Herr Habe (Snr) may be difficult now but I believe his son (?) runs a website that sells his late father's work. I'm sure a quick 'google' would turn up the URL.

BTW HN354SR is not a bad airfoil and the coordinates are fairly widely published. Also, have a look at HN1038.