Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 01, 2013, 08:39 AM
Foamie Freak!
Leather Helmet's Avatar
I dont agree with the "its my fault" observation. I am at the top of my game in my chosen profession, AND, very well educated. The economic climate right now isnt good for my profession. People put off vehicle repairs, and maintenance especially, during these times. I have seen it before, I am sure I will see it again.
Feb 01, 2013, 04:20 PM
Registered User
I've run across a TV program, and an article in the local paper which basically say the economy will grow without creating jobs. The driver is technology. Take the so called shovel ready infrastructure jobs. Highway 290W is being improved. and there are at most a dozen or so people working at one time. Maybe one with a shovel. The others driving equipment or supervising. Fifty years ago, that same job would have occupied a hundred or more pick and shovel guys. The newspaper article stated that worldwide unemployment is at an all time high.
Feb 01, 2013, 07:00 PM
Vertical Wake
splatman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
To each his/her own. The majority of people are doing quite a bit better than 4 years ago.
Really? If a majority of people are "doing better" than 4 years ago, why are more than twice as many on food stamps? And please don't try to write it off to "population growth" this time.
Feb 01, 2013, 07:14 PM
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
Even in good times, not everyone benefits just as a few people will profit handsomely during the most severe depressions.

To each his/her own. The majority of people are doing quite a bit better than 4 years ago.

Some might be doing better, government types, but at what cost? Obamakare = disaster, out of control debt, MILLIONS on welfare and food stamps, business being regulated out of existence. Unemployment rising but Obama shuts down his fake business counsel? Can't even FAKE it anymore?
Last edited by BE77 Pilot; Feb 01, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Feb 01, 2013, 08:02 PM
Kraut
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
Some might be doing better, government types, but at what cost? Obamakare = disaster, out of control debt, MILLIONS on welfare and food stamps, business being regulated out of existence. Unemployment rising but Obama shuts down his fake business counsel? Can't even FAKE it anymore?
What a nonsens
Feb 01, 2013, 08:26 PM
FrankC
FrankC's Avatar
I have been employed 27 of the last 58 months. The economy is an absolute shambles, I can only assume you are either retired, work for the government, or work in one of the few areas that is not drowning in EPA regulations. But stay confident, your time to wake up and smell the coffee will come someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott
What a nonsens
Feb 01, 2013, 08:47 PM
Vertical Wake
splatman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott
What a nonsens
That's low, man. I don't even know what a nonsens is, but BE77 doesn't deserve that.........
Feb 01, 2013, 09:27 PM
Kraut
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
That's low, man. I don't even know what a nonsens is, but BE77 doesn't deserve that.........
It is BS. My company got hit by the resecion end of 2010, very bad.
I husseld, did tripple overtime and made the company survive. Today the company is very strong, has plenty of cash at hand, CASH.
I drive every day out to the oil fields and pick up, because the fields a booming, same for natural gas and co2, by the way BLM land.
Kinder and Morgan have a Compressor Station building project that will take 6 to 8 years to built, on BLM, so much about regulation.
We got hit in 10, but since than, we have had to hussle as everybody else. But today! we are doing fine, even are geting more employees.
I expect a 20% increase this year, over a very strong 2012.
No regulations for my business have changed, rpublican BS.

FrankC, sorry for that unemployment is very bad. But maybe you have to hussel, take a job below your expectation, what ever is possible.

Help wanted are hanging in my towns windows, every where, including mine.
Feb 01, 2013, 09:36 PM
Vertical Wake
splatman's Avatar
So the reason for high unemployment is that people are lazy?
Feb 01, 2013, 09:43 PM
Registered User
ambientech's Avatar
Triple overtime sounds like business is booming not hard up...
Feb 01, 2013, 09:50 PM
Kraut
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman
So the reason for high unemployment is that people are lazy?
NO, absolutely NO.

But why do not take the skills I have and work for myself.
If I can not find a job, creat the job.
I did and I am nothing special, just a mob pilot first class.
Feb 01, 2013, 09:50 PM
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott
It is BS. My company got hit by the resecion end of 2010, very bad.
I husseld, did tripple overtime and made the company survive. Today the company is very strong, has plenty of cash at hand, CASH.
I drive every day out to the oil fields and pick up, because the fields a booming, same for natural gas and co2, by the way BLM land.
Kinder and Morgan have a Compressor Station building project that will take 6 to 8 years to built, on BLM, so much about regulation.
We got hit in 10, but since than, we have had to hussle as everybody else. But today! we are doing fine, even are geting more employees.
I expect a 20% increase this year, over a very strong 2012.
No regulations for my business have changed, rpublican BS.

FrankC, sorry for that unemployment is very bad. But maybe you have to hussel, take a job below your expectation, what ever is possible.

Help wanted are hanging in my towns windows, every where, including mine.
Good for you. Keep voting Democratic and it will catch up to you sooner or later.
Feb 01, 2013, 10:00 PM
Kraut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech
Triple overtime sounds like business is booming not hard up...
No, because if you need customers you have to go shave your legs and work the road, hussel as hard and long as you can.
If you just stand there and say, mamy we have no customers, lets close early and open late, you are done, or if you do not go and drive hundreds of miles to find new customers, sell, you are done and the worse the time the more overtime.
You probably never had a company, that provides employement, provides, maybe for you ?

Employees go home, after 7 or 8 hours, small business provides those hours for them, by doing overtime.
Feb 01, 2013, 10:06 PM
Fier Membre des Deplorables
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott
No, because if you need customers you have to go shave your legs and work the road, hussel as hard and long as you can.
If you just stand there and say, mamy we have no customers, lets close early and open late, you are done, or if you do not go and drive hundreds of miles to find new customers, sell, you are done and the worse the time the more overtime.
You probably never had a company, that provides employement, provides, maybe for you ?

Employees go home, after 7 or 8 hours, small business provides those hours for them, by doing overtime.
I'm glad you are doing well.

Most people aren't.
Feb 01, 2013, 10:20 PM
Kraut
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
Good for you. Keep voting Democratic and it will catch up to you sooner or later.
Thank you.
No, it will not catch up with me, what ever you think it is.
Why ? I am blue collar, old fashioned, I clean the parking lot with a broom, or shovel the snow, not a hired hand and I stand on the floor every day, no job to small or to low for me, what ever is needed.
Don't forget I harvested as an elegal, I am an imigrant . We are not better, but more hard working and failure is not an option for us .
You are dinos and we are that big Ol' Rock that is hitting .
Get used to it, its the liberal way, hard work, blue collar.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Obama has the economy on track RumRunner_1492 Life, The Universe, and Politics 26 Jan 30, 2013 02:11 PM
Discussion Obama has U.S. economy in 'death spiral' BE77 Pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 92 Aug 09, 2011 02:16 PM
Discussion Nice picture of Obama jumpstarting the economy with debt. Bilbobaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Feb 04, 2010 12:14 PM
Discussion Obama: It's My Economy? Fine. Give It To Me. Gman2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 60 Nov 02, 2009 03:03 PM
Discussion Obama Will Destroy America's Economy... Paul Ryan Can Save It Highflight Life, The Universe, and Politics 18 Jun 25, 2008 10:03 AM