Apr 11, 2017, 12:21 AM
Soaring with ease!
Thanks!

That was the idea... if it were full scale and I was flying airshows with it. This is what I would like it to look like.

Dreamt of being an airshow pilot when I was young... now I can do it from the ground

I think I'll nickname it "Wannabe"... hahaha!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2017, 01:26 AM
Good one!!
Apr 11, 2017, 07:22 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Looks great!
Apr 11, 2017, 07:37 AM
Mark LSF # 3792
Looks good. At the moment mine is just being left with the stock graphics. Still working on the fuselage modifications.
Apr 14, 2017, 12:39 PM
Soaring with ease!
Some more graphics completed and finishing up the wing servo installation today.

I also purchased new instrument panels from Aviation Concepts. I'm distressing them a little bit just to make them feel a little more "real". They certainly will enhance the cockpit. Now I either need to find a pilot or make one.

Also will work on the smoke cartridge pods on the wingtips. If anyone else on this thread has added smoke any advice or insight would be appreciated.
Apr 14, 2017, 01:19 PM

Droppy Flaps on Powerdown

Hi Brian,
The fix for this problem is really simple and works very well.

Look at Lens post # 420 with photo of his original bird.

Notice the other Blanik Does Not have dropping Flaps. It's all done with linkage setup.

Let me know if you are interested in fixing this problem without modifying anything to do it.

Best Regards,

Rich
Apr 23, 2017, 03:41 PM

Inverted flight

I have been flying with my Blanik during last summer and I was quite disappointed when it flew inverted.
It just couldn't do it. I thought that the CG was maybe too far aft, however a more forward CG did not change its behaviour.
So, I have decreased the angle of attack of the stab.
The sailplane behaviour is better. It can even perform inverted loops, altough they look like a figure 6.
It is necessary to gather high speed in a vertical dive and the inverted loop must be done with little elevator deflection or the Blanik will quit during the up line.
Does anybody has the same problems or on the contrary is very happy with the inverted flight performance of that sailplane?
Apr 29, 2017, 01:29 PM
Soaring with ease!

Almost ready to fly

Finally have the majority of the decals on and radio installed.

Just need to do a little bit of decal work on the underside, wire management, balance and finish some more of the cockpit and she will be ready to fly for the Aerotow event in 2 weeks.

Also planning out the smoke cartridge system that I can easily attach and remove from the wingtips.

Fairly happy with the results and can't wait to see her in the air😀
Apr 29, 2017, 02:57 PM
Very nice!! Be sure to show us a video.
Apr 29, 2017, 05:21 PM
TEAM HORIZON
That looks great!!
Jun 22, 2017, 11:38 PM
Soaring with ease!
Have maidened the Blanik and it flies great!!!!

Have to get used to the size on landings a little bit though. Always feel like I'm going to overshoot!!! Pretty sure I'll have it with a couple more flights.

Second day had GREAT lift and easily specked it out.

Posted a video of the aerotow weekend I attended last weekend. Can't wait to get the Blanik out there again!!!

Now time to add the smoke cartridges!!!!

carff 2017 Soaring Event (4 min 10 sec)
Last edited by Magicmanyyc; Jun 22, 2017 at 11:44 PM.
Jun 23, 2017, 01:37 AM
Thank you for the video. All that hard work was certainly worth it I bet. Great looking sailplane!!
Jun 23, 2017, 03:25 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Add about 1/4" of flap on take off. It helps to get the plane on the wing sooner. Looks like a long run to get off the ground.

Brian, an EAJ
Aug 16, 2017, 11:19 AM
Soaring with ease!

More pictures

Hi All,

Have had a great season doing aerotow demos and airshows this season with the Blanik.

Thought I'd post some pictures.

Also wondering if anyone has an extra canopy set that they'd like to sell? I could use a new one. Parts are discontinued now .

I had a less than desireable landing and have cracked mine.

If not I'll have to make plugs and pull my own which is quite the endeavor!

Thanks Mike
Sep 10, 2017, 08:44 AM
Soaring with ease!
Thought I'd post a video I finally put up of the Blanik maiden flight on the slope.

Have put it to rest for this season and am doing a few repairs to it so it will be good to go again after the winter.

Was definitely a fun summer flying it.

Blanik Maiden Flight (4 min 4 sec)

Quick Reply