Feb 26, 2013, 09:33 PM
Thread OP
ok just got the news and it's official, i am picking up the Modelflight Splendor Friday so hope to get a maiden done this weekend
really looking forward to this one, hope i can handle the speed

cheers chuck
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2013, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
ok just got the news and it's official, i am picking up the Modelflight Splendor Friday so hope to get a maiden done this weekend

cheers chuck
Looking forward to the video.
Feb 27, 2013, 12:05 AM
WAMASC Flyer
me too thisll be good
Feb 27, 2013, 01:16 AM
Quote:

cheers chuck
Just saw your video on the Visionaire yesterday. Will be interested in how you feel they compare. Not that they are aimed at the same type of flying, but comparisons are interesting and useful.

Gord
Feb 27, 2013, 03:47 AM
A geriatric flier
I got tired of the discussion on prices. who cares, if you cannot afford it don't buy it. Lets see Chucks meander about the sky video and his comments. I have found his comments are more in line with the impressions of hack flyers like me. Just try Chuck to fly it closer and do not let the camera person drink the night before.
Feb 27, 2013, 07:22 AM
lownslow
Quote:

cheers chuck
Go CHUCK !!!! Let me know how it compares to your CZ YAK, especially SPEED!!!! thanks..............
Feb 27, 2013, 07:25 AM
lownslow
Quote:
Originally Posted by menksters
I'll take the purple haze please.! donnie
GROOOVIE !!!!!
Feb 27, 2013, 07:27 AM
lownslow
Gord, go for it, post pics !!!!! If I dont like the purple, might paint it or cut film!!
Feb 27, 2013, 08:23 AM
ldf
ldf
Gord, you don't just want this plane, you need it! I am sure that we can work around the colour. In any case, at our field it will be cow sh** brown in no time. Oh Wait, it's got purple pants so it shouldn't get mudded up as quickly as the VA so the airbrush may be required.

BTW, Gord was my trainer when I took up the sport. A very good pilot!
Feb 27, 2013, 01:15 PM

VisionAire vs. Splendor

I thought I would share my flight experiences with two previous planes comparable to the VisionAire and Splendor. You can decide which would be more fun for you, or what fits your needs.

I have had the Eflite Eratix and Parkzone Typhoon for years. These are fun 3D airplanes that are great for stunts and crazy aerobatics. However, they have a thick wing and shorter tail than a classic precision aerobatic design ("pattern plane"). However, I practiced pattern at the intermediate level for two years using the Eratix. Eventually I got frustrated as I needed to drive more precision in my 4 point rolls, stall turns, etc.

Then I got a Kyosho Oxalys 50 size EP and later a Sebart Wind. The precision was a joy to fly. Knife edge was exact and easy. Rolls were flat and axial just like they should be. Precision aerobatics is as challenging as it is rewarding. Pattern planes will fly "cleaner" and on rails compared to a 3D plane.
So I am excited to see Horizon’s release of both style of planes with AS3x as they both fill a niche that makes for fun flying. If you are a 3D only guy, go VisionAire. If you enjoy the grace and precision of a pattern plane, and fly a little 3D on the side, go Splendor. BTW, my pattern plane is really easy to hover!

If you can’t decide, get both!
Feb 27, 2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldf
Gord, you don't just want this plane, you need it! I am sure that we can work around the colour. In any case, at our field it will be cow sh** brown in no time. Oh Wait, it's got purple pants so it shouldn't get mudded up as quickly as the VA so the airbrush may be required.

BTW, Gord was my trainer when I took up the sport. A very good pilot!
You mean that brown color that I just washed off the top of my Skysurfer fuselage,.... and many of the other bits and pieces?

I am sure it will look just fine again soon. Next time I will start that outside loop a bit higher. And make sure I have not just set the elevator to low rates for landing before I start one. The question is not if you will crash, but when. I could not have picked a better time. That mud was really soft. Knock me down to just fairly good. Or even kind of stupid.
Last edited by Gordks; Feb 28, 2013 at 01:24 AM.
Feb 27, 2013, 07:32 PM

Send

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge
I thought I would share my flight experiences with two previous planes comparable to the VisionAire and Splendor. You can decide which would be more fun for you, or what fits your needs.

I have had the Eflite Eratix and Parkzone Typhoon for years. These are fun 3D airplanes that are great for stunts and crazy aerobatics. However, they have a thick wing and shorter tail than a classic precision aerobatic design ("pattern plane"). However, I practiced pattern at the intermediate level for two years using the Eratix. Eventually I got frustrated as I needed to drive more precision in my 4 point rolls, stall turns, etc.

Then I got a Kyosho Oxalys 50 size EP and later a Sebart Wind. The precision was a joy to fly. Knife edge was exact and easy. Rolls were flat and axial just like they should be. Precision aerobatics is as challenging as it is rewarding. Pattern planes will fly "cleaner" and on rails compared to a 3D plane.
So I am excited to see Horizon’s release of both style of planes with AS3x as they both fill a niche that makes for fun flying. If you are a 3D only guy, go VisionAire. If you enjoy the grace and precision of a pattern plane, and fly a little 3D on the side, go Splendor. BTW, my pattern plane is really easy to hover!

If you can’t decide, get both!
Money please. donnie
Mar 01, 2013, 04:26 AM
Thread OP
Splendor is safely home and ready for the weekend hope the weathers good!

and WOW! this is a big plane it feels great in hand and looks good too
Mar 01, 2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Splendor is safely home and ready for the weekend hope the weathers good!

and WOW! this is a big plane it feels great in hand and looks good too
cant wait for your videos on this one Chuck. Chhers from New Jersey
Mar 02, 2013, 09:16 PM
3d and EDF, some scale
Quique, great looking plane! I'm eagerly awaiting the Splendor as my entry into better precision aerobatics, I flew a Brio 10 beside you at SEFF 2006 and that was a memorable experience. I can't wait to rip it up with the Splendor

Quick Reply