Apr 23, 2019, 10:36 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurospeckombi
I am in search of a starboard wing panel. I could even get by with a bout the last 9 inches.
Yes, I have one; I have both right and left.

Tom
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2019, 07:12 PM

battery

Wondering if anyone has flown with a 6S 5000mAh battery and how was the CG. thanks for the info.
May 10, 2019, 06:25 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
I usually fly with a 6s, 5,000mAh battery. I place all my batteries in this plane as far back as possible (touching the wing spar). Yes, I carved out some foam to allow batteries to touch the spar.

Tom
May 12, 2019, 07:30 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
I pulled a NIB Splendor out of the box, assembled it, and maidened it today. I'm still amazed that they stopped making this plane but glad I got a few during a Black Friday sale a few years ago.

This planes looks and flies beautifully. I fly a 6s, 4,500 mAh set up. It is such a terrific pattern plane or simple sport flyer. It seems to have unlimited vertical at 2/3 throttle or more. I'm not much of a 3D flier, but I'll try that next.

Tom
May 22, 2019, 10:27 PM

6s 5000 in splendor

I’m running a 6s 5000 mah battery and carved out foam to get the battery back to the wing tube. I also put a flight pack battery far back in the fuse to help balance it. It still flies fine and I’m getting 7 minute flight times.
May 23, 2019, 04:05 PM
I use a 3300 6S in my Splendor and it goes good. It is actually a great foam pattern flyer. I really love this plane as well and have a spare. Doubt that Horizon will ever bring this back certainly not at the price they cleared them out at.
May 23, 2019, 04:14 PM
Head-tracking FPV Advocate
It is a great flyer, but have a weird nose high attitude when flying level. Takes some getting use to.
May 23, 2019, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano
I had my Splendor out over the weekend and 20 seconds into the flight I lost the Canopy despite having some really strong magnets on it. I had to hike through some tall grass for a long time (that hill is a lot bigger looking from the top than the bottom), but I found it. I'm going to add some more and possibly rig up something with a hook and rubber band. Despite the canopy coming off, I finished the flight.

I joined a second club that has a really nice grass runway with very short grass. This was my first time flying the CZ Splendor off of a grass runway and it handled it pretty well. The only thing about the new club is there are trees to the left and the hill I mentioned in front of and to the right. I come in for landings hot with most of my planes there as the other places I fly are pretty fast, but the Splendor almost made it to the tall grass at the one end this time. This plane comes in hotter than any of my other planes. I'll have to fly it more this summer to figure landing it out...once I get the canopy situation taken care of.
Add a spring latch to the front. I will post a picture shortly.

Last edited by Prof100; May 23, 2019 at 10:59 PM.
May 25, 2019, 07:48 PM
UMX 3S OG
Was looking forward to taking mine out tomorrow but I cannot find a spare prop!
Jun 13, 2019, 03:02 AM
Does anyone have a spare canopy they’d be willing to sell me? Mine flew off in flight and would really appreciate if I can buy it. Please let me know!
Jun 25, 2019, 09:10 PM
Willing to part with your spare Splendor?
Jul 14, 2019, 10:39 PM
Starting a Splendor FB page. If you’re interested post parts you have on Facebook.com/carbonzsplendor

David
Jul 14, 2019, 10:43 PM
If you’re interested post it on Facebook.com/carbonzsplendor

David
Jul 14, 2019, 10:45 PM
Building a Splendor community. If you’re interested post to it on Facebook.com/carbonzsplendor

David
Jul 14, 2019, 10:46 PM
Still have the Splendor parts?

Quick Reply