Jul 10, 2017, 09:53 AM
It is impossible or nearly so, to catch every possible thing that can happen with an airplane or any other such complicated mechanical/electrical piece of equipment.

If the wheel pant is so far the only find, it is testament of how well it was constructed.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2017, 09:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerinokc
I thought that was SOP for this hobby, you find your mistakes only after making them and its painful to fix them or you have a mishap on the maiden.
LOL! Yep!
Jul 21, 2017, 12:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
It is impossible or nearly so, to catch every possible thing that can happen with an airplane or any other such complicated mechanical/electrical piece of equipment.

If the wheel pant is so far the only find, it is testament of how well it was constructed.
Thanks for that encouragement. I did take a lot of time checking things over...this repair has been fun. I've never used Zpoxy's finishing resin before and it has been many years since I did anything with fiberglass or carbon fiber or any other composite.

So far the repair is going well!
Dec 01, 2017, 09:18 AM
Hi Tom , my name is Jay and I've been flying and building now for just a few years. A good friend of mine got me hooked and unfortunately.....Its a passion now. I love the build probably as much if not more than the flying . Fortunately ( really unfortunately) I've had some opportunities to work on repairs as well as and definitely still learning as I go.

I've read your posts and several others here on the forum probably more than I'd like to admit . I've recently completed mine ( 2nd semi scratch build ever) And while most of it was fairly straight forward it was definitely time consuming.

I was hoping to get yours as well as others here on the forum's opinion regarding rudder throw. I currently have about 1-1/4" throw right and left . Structurally that's all I can get without cutting and resetting new hinges. I'm not super confident with this since I realize most early fliers rely on rudder control and I surely don't want to maiden her lacking this important feature. The kit "suggests" 2" left/right .

Any suggestions or opinions are absolutely welcomed!
Dec 01, 2017, 12:21 PM
ARFs Are Me
To start, I generally through in as much rudder as I can get, and dial it down, if the need arises. Others may have a more scientific approach.
Dec 01, 2017, 06:06 PM

Stinson pictures

Pictures when it was pretty close to complete
Dec 01, 2017, 09:27 PM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
Nice Stinson!

Quick Reply