Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by brontide, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by brontide
Stop me before I build again!
Discussion

Look, I've done it again.

Another week, another build. Tried two orientations of a micro octo and neither flew all that well. The flat, checkerboard octo flew the best, but had problems with blade strikes and didn't want to enlarge it again... so I came up with this.

Some 1/2 square basswood arms and 3/8 basswood for the deck. Probably overkill, but it's solid. 1811 2900kv motors, 10amp plush ESC, CIRUS SE 2.0 FC, FrSky Rx, 1600mAh 3s underneath. ~360g AUW including battery, once I have a few flights on it I will add lights and clean up the wiring so it will probably be a wash on weight. Probably going to outfit this with my 808 #16v2 D like eyeonsky and his micro FPV.

Need some tuning, but already flew better than the octo's that preceded it. Plan on taking the other 4 motors and making a micro X layout with 4x2.5 props as well.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:51 AM
Was hoping to tune it, but ended up smoking the FC... good thing I always order a spare. Should be functional again this evening.

A big breakthrough on the stability for this quad was enabling the LPF in MultiWii. Something about the high speed vibrations was giving the sensors fits.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:12 PM
Mini H Quad (4 min 11 sec)

A little LOS flying today. I have a camera plate that straps on top where the battery is at the moment.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mini Hquad #1 has come to an untimely end. Mental note I need to disable or move the throttle cut switch further away from the altitude hold.

Of course this means a REBUILD! So I'm looking to finally *solve* the weatherproofing issue.

Stay tuned for the "Yellow Jacket!"