How do I mount mufflers on this ross twin 60? - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 30, 2013, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
When you run it take some pics and make a video. I think a number of us would be quite interested in seeing it too.
i thought this would be a rather common engine? the black anodised (silver trim heads/yellow heads) twins would be rarer, given how much i paid for this

anyway, i am preparing a number of engines to be started/bench run soon. except for those NIB engines
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2013, 10:02 AM
I don't think there has been many people running any of the Ross engines in recent history and recorded it as a video or pics even. Way back then there was no internet, no digital cameras and the few video tape recorders around were very expeneive.

I came across one fellow who had run one a year or so ago.
Of course he has a Perry carb on his engine and it looks like he made a pretty nice muffler with dual round tube outlets for his engine.

That is another thought, is to replace the Kavan carb on yours with a Perry carb.

Ross twin (0 min 57 sec)

oops I ran across another fellow who ran one a couple of years ago.
ross .60 nitro horizontal twin test run (0 min 59 sec)
Last edited by earlwb; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: add more info
Jan 31, 2013, 10:31 AM
Airplane Gearhead
Thanks for all the cool pics Earl...
The exh. stacks on the engine in the last vid you posted are the ones I remember my friend "Red" and I using...
We ran one of his flat twins quite a few years ago...but without the plug leads attached, it had a tendency to drop a cylinder when trying to idle. Perhaps with more run time it would have improved...
He had it installed in a Span Aero J-3 Cub...IIRC it was 1/4 scale, which was HUGE in the early 1970's...I remember the tail surfaces were constructed of alum. tubing.
Jan 31, 2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
I don't think there has been many people running any of the Ross engines in recent history and recorded it as a video or pics even. Way back then there was no internet, no digital cameras and the few video tape recorders around were very expeneive.

I came across one fellow who had run one a year or so ago.
Of course he has a Perry carb on his engine and it looks like he made a pretty nice muffler with dual round tube outlets for his engine.

That is another thought, is to replace the Kavan carb on yours with a Perry carb.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-w-dbTTUXA[/ url]

oops I ran across another fellow who ran one a couple of years ago.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxOCYHJuWyM[/u rl]

alright.

let's hope i can upload some full hd vids (from a smartphone)