Jan 11, 2020, 06:43 PM
I flipped the wind screen and turned it and all I got out of it was, it reminds me of the mustache on a pizza box. I did my thing and it looks sweet to me. I haven't flown it yet, I don't want to put Tundra tires on it. The only free runway I know of, all you need is AMA and park fees, is in El Monte CA. 80+ miles away. My flying area is full of rocks and flaps are nice, but big tires save all the landing gear structure.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2020, 07:08 PM
It flys! I put on 5 inch tundra tires, but it still tipped over on landing. There was a strong wind and bringing it down was tricky. The three blade 11x7 prop saved the cowl. Not a scratch.
Last edited by Bleu; Jan 13, 2020 at 10:44 PM.
Jan 13, 2020, 10:42 PM
The Jungmeister is a basic flyer, a little quicker than most of Pat's planes and rollable. The Stinson is less stressful and the Beaver is more responsive, but the Jungmeister has an antique beauty about it that compliments my collection. I'm going to fly and zero in these planes and others, while I decide what to build next.
Jan 14, 2020, 01:32 AM
Congratulations on the maiden! It's fairly difficult not to let this nose-over. My Robbe park flyer version of moulded depron would almost always nose-over too. Would you happen to be able to do a video?
Jan 16, 2020, 05:56 PM
I had a boo boo trying to shoot video of myself. I HAD to get a shockproof camera. I'll let you guess how my old camera slipped off the hood of my truck. There is a show this weekend in Thermal CA. Warplanes over the desert. I have flown in a bunch of shows, I won a raffle once. I'll get pictures and try to get some video. Its done in Swiss Army colors, that'll work. KFC wheelchocks, I don't think I need to change the wheels for flying.
Jan 18, 2020, 07:14 PM
I put it on display, got a couple of flights in with it. You had to have a spotter, that slowed me down. It floated in on landing, with very little roll out, into a headwind, 3 or4 mph. These guys are flying jets, huge scale, techno, small, the Bucker is a kite, but very well mannered. I could hear people talking about the wind buffeting it around in the air, but Patrick, my caller, told them I came to fly. It landed perfect, it didn't tip over. I didn't win, but I got in the game.
Jan 18, 2020, 11:27 PM
It was a first class show. Thank you and the hamburgers were tasty. There was a P80 shooting star that was a standout in flight. Many nice planes, lots of fun, but its a long drive and I need to recruit a spotter, so I wont make it tomorrow. I do like the new jets, no building involved.
Jan 19, 2020, 04:07 PM
One of the things about the Bucker that maybe only I appreciated, was the fact that I used about 20 feet of their 300 foot run way. Take off and landing, full stop in about 12 inches. The jets eat up 200 feet of runway so fast, that any type of abortion and you're off the end. I want one, but where to fly it?
Jan 19, 2020, 04:10 PM
Looking good, happy to see you are enthusiastic about the Jungmeister! Nice pics and report, thanks for that.
Jan 19, 2020, 07:11 PM
It went from the box, the build, through the maiden, to a show, without a scratch and no embarrassments. This is a nice bird for any collection, even if it is a no wind, low wind flyer. A little throttle and up elevator keep the tail down after touch down. It accidently jumped back into the air one time, so very little throttle. This is worth the effort, but I beefed it up plenty. Weight is not as big an issue as other designs, I upped the longerons size on the body so I could handle it without crushing it, and a few other things. Fini.
Jan 19, 2020, 08:37 PM
Gotta say, that is a sweet looking Bucker!

it actually looks very natural with the Avios Tundra wheels on it. Always thought the full scale Bucker's wheels looked a little smallish. I'm sure it handles nicely on rough surfaces. Can't wait for video.
Jan 23, 2020, 09:33 PM
It's too windy, but I wanted a video. I side slipped it into the landing to get it in camera view. That stunt blew out the right side struts. Did somebody say hard wood? I'm trying to post videos, having more problems than these kits.
Last edited by Bleu; Jan 24, 2020 at 04:42 PM.
Jan 24, 2020, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your gear troubles. Sounds like gear mount gave out. Hope it's easily repairable.
Jan 24, 2020, 10:10 PM
Jungmeister in the wind (1 min 5 sec)

This is the prettiest flyer. I don't know if its because its a biplane or what, but I wish I had a big Pitts built like this. A 60 incher is almost 1/4 scale and Betty Skelton's Lil Stinker was always a favorite. I flew a 63" Pitts, but it weighed 13 pounds! A 48" might hit 2 pounds like this.
Last edited by Bleu; Jan 25, 2020 at 12:49 PM.
Jan 24, 2020, 10:40 PM
The interplane struts broke on the right side. Easy fix, but I want beefier. That was the first ding, but not bad enough to stop the show.

Quick Reply