Merry Christmas vs. Happy Christmas - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Happy Christmas vs. Merry Christmas
Happy 0 0%
Merry 15 100.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Dec 24, 2003, 07:53 AM
Formerly of mcba fame

Merry Christmas vs. Happy Christmas

Which do you say? Apologies to those who don't celebrate Christmas.

Matthew
Dec 24, 2003, 11:13 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Neither. I say "Merry Clausmas".

It expresses no religious references at all in deference to the thin-skinned, crocodile-tear whiners, it is a well-wish for a joyous holiday, and it recognizes the only remaining holiday figure/diety that can be uttered in mixed company.... it's the hyper-PC thing to say!

Sad, isn't it?

Rick
Dec 24, 2003, 11:40 AM
Rip th... Bring the Beer!
Isn't this more of a U.S. vs. U.K. distinction? I guess we're more merry here than happy.

Brad
Dec 24, 2003, 12:02 PM
Go get them Meg!
Quote:
Originally posted by ElectRick
Neither. I say "Merry Clausmas".

It expresses no religious references at all in deference to the thin-skinned, crocodile-tear whiners, it is a well-wish for a joyous holiday, and it recognizes the only remaining holiday figure/diety that can be uttered in mixed company.... it's the hyper-PC thing to say!

Sad, isn't it?

Rick
I wouldn't worry too muuch about it. According to a show I watched last night, 98% of Americans celebrate the "Holiday season" in some way or another. That's pretty darn good.
Dec 24, 2003, 12:24 PM
Merry Christmas to all, it has been a very good year for me and I hope the coming year is good to everyone, everywhere.

Oh, and Happy Chanuka.

T.D.
Dec 24, 2003, 04:10 PM
Normal usage in the UK is either "Happy Christmas" or "Merry Christmas and a Happy New year".

Whatever it is, have a good one, all youse guys!

Brian
Dec 24, 2003, 07:05 PM
Formerly of mcba fame
Quote:
Originally posted by chemsurfer
Isn't this more of a U.S. vs. U.K. distinction? I guess we're more merry here than happy.

Brad
Yeah, that's actually one of the reasons I posted it - to see if that's true. I personally am Canadian/British living in Luxembourg and I've always thought Merry Christmas scans better.

Merry Christmas all!!

Matthew
Dec 24, 2003, 10:33 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joyous Hanuramaqwanzmas, earth brothers. Apologies for nothing!