Jan 17, 2014, 06:48 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em

Field on MLK day

This might be presumptuous but, anyone going to be at the Thunderbirds? That would not mind a couple of guests from the 114th Aero Club A bud and me would like to check out the field more. The only time we have been was the electric fly in. and it was less than ideal conditions.
Last edited by waytooslow; Jan 17, 2014 at 09:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2014, 01:01 AM
You're more than welcome to fly with us but, if there are no members there already the gate will be locked. Don't know what to tell you except to make arrangements to meet a member at the field.
Generally, there's someone at the field if the weather is decent, even during a week day. Weekends are always busy if the wx cooperates.
Come on down.

Garry
Jan 18, 2014, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester_s1
Here's my entry from yesterday. It was a 35 year old BUSA Phaeton with an OS .46FX flown with Airtronics radio gear. I had a glitch that made it dive straight in at full throttle. The most likely culprit was a battery failure, but since the battery was demolished in the crash there's no way to be sure.

/>
Nothing like an early start to set the bench mark.
Sorry for you loss. I hate it when they do that.

Garry
Jan 18, 2014, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waytooslow
This might be presumptuous but, anyone going to be at the Thunderbirds? That would not mind a couple of guests from the 114th Aero Club A bud and me would like to check out the field more. The only time we have been was the electric fly in. and it was less than ideal conditions.
Definitely flying tomorrow. Hope to get out to the field around 11AM.

Planning on the same for Monday. If something comes up to keep me from going to the field I'll send you a PM.
Jan 18, 2014, 11:00 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll
Definitely flying tomorrow. Hope to get out to the field around 11AM.

Planning on the same for Monday. If something comes up to keep me from going to the field I'll send you a PM.
Thanks -- appreciate it much. Are you sure you don't mind electrics?
Latest blog entry: Top Flite P40 .60 is no more
Jan 19, 2014, 05:32 AM
Nothing wrong with electrics........have a foamy up to a couple of 73" ARF's myself.
Jan 19, 2014, 07:18 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
What time do you think you might go? Morning is looking fantastic. I spent entire day at the 114th. A great day of flying.
Jan 19, 2014, 08:43 PM
As it stands now, I won't be able to get out to the field till around 1PM. The grandson is coming over in the morning so I have to stick around and play.

Was at the field today from 11AM to around 4PM. Can't get much better weather for flying in mid January than today. Field was busy today......two or three planes in the air most of the afternoon.
Jan 21, 2014, 08:53 AM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll
As it stands now, I won't be able to get out to the field till around 1PM. The grandson is coming over in the morning so I have to stick around and play.

Was at the field today from 11AM to around 4PM. Can't get much better weather for flying in mid January than today. Field was busy today......two or three planes in the air most of the afternoon.
Made it out earlier to the field and a couple of people were there. Got in a few flights, but wind ran me off. Hopefully I can make it out again soon.
You all have a awesome facility there.
Jan 21, 2014, 10:28 AM
You get used to the wind at Thunderbird field. It becomes a fun challenge after a while, but it's no mystery why you see so many Ugly Sticks and Kaos planes there.
Jan 21, 2014, 12:37 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester_s1
You get used to the wind at Thunderbird field. It becomes a fun challenge after a while, but it's no mystery why you see so many Ugly Sticks and Kaos planes there.

it is funny how one gets accustom to a particular field. I can fly just about any plane in my hangar at my home field in high winds. But at T Birds -- I felt lost - my depth perception, lighting, wind direction, pavement --- etc.. will be back though for another go
Feb 12, 2014, 05:49 PM
Are any instructors who have trainers ready to go planning to be at the field Saturday? I've made a friend on RCU who is fixing up an old plane and is considering joining with us. He's planning to meet me to buy a radio so if he could get some stick time in with an instructor, it would be a plus.
Feb 28, 2014, 09:08 AM
Fort Worth Thunderbirds

Flight Simulators

I just installed Real Flight 7.0 on a new computer. I'm using the same interlink controller that came with the 6.5 version. However, I can't figure out how to change my view to a cockpit view. There's a drop down menu says view and one of the choices is camera type. There's a few camera types which are supposed to be selectable via the F keys, but they don't seem to work.

Is there something else that needs to be done before you can select a camera view? I must be doing something wrong. Anyway, I've searched the forums but couldn't find anything on it. I hope someone here has an answer.

John
Mar 08, 2014, 07:28 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
Here you go: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10566

It looks like you cannot change the camera view if you are at a Photofield airport.

Hopes this helps.

Ricky
Mar 08, 2014, 09:01 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot

Thunderbird Videos

Hi guys, lookie what I came across on my computer today. It's the 40th anniversary video I made over 10 years ago! We shot down planes with paintball guns. It was great!

Enjoy

Fort Worth Thunderbird 40th Anniversary (3 min 8 sec)

Post moved in 3...2...1...

Ricky
My RC Hangar