Sep 25, 2018, 06:42 AM
Fort Worth Thunderbirds

Need Some Advice??

I started work on my second Polaris. It's been sitting in the box that it came in for two years. I'm finally getting around to building it, but ran into a problem.

As you can see from the picture, the motor thrust line is offset to the left. My first Polaris has no such offset, so I'm guessing that the foam has warped over time.

I'm also guessing that with the thrust line pointing left, the airplane is going to want to turn right. I don't see any way to straighten this out without damaging the foam.

I'm looking for opinions and possible suggestions. Should I shim the motor to the right a few degrees? Or, maybe just offset the rudder to the right?

Any advice will be greatly appreciate it. BTW, I posted a similar message in the Polaris Ultra group, but no one has responded and it looks like that group may dead.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2019, 12:36 AM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
Thread OP
Another new project on a old but, NIB Hangar 9 Super Cub ARF w/100" WS. This one is the previous version to the one currently availabl from H9. It's Red on white as opposed to Blue on white and the wing span is a bit shorter. It's also fabric covered (World Tex) as opposed to monocote style covering. I've mounted a Saito 150 for power so, it should have plenty. Ready to Fly weight should be between 13 to 16 lbs.
Mar 12, 2019, 07:21 AM
Sunbyrd- is your Polaris made of EPO foam or EPS? If it's EPO, hot water is a common fix for crash damage. The stuff has a memory of sorts, so the right amount of heat could make it go back to the way it was. Maybe a heat gun would do the trick? If it's EPS, I have no experience with fixing it.

Quick Reply