Jan 25, 2013, 11:26 PM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
Thread OP
Discussion

Electrics

This is the place to get electrified. Nothing "shocking" please.

RJ
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2013, 08:16 PM
Thread OP

New EDF

Have you seen the new YF23 EDF recently listed at Banana Hobby? It is a beautiful model and appears to fly well on two 70mm ducted fans. I worked for Northrop in So. Cal. during the development of this airplane and got to see it first hand and up close. It's the most beautiful plane I've ever seen on the ground or the air and I've seen quite a few. it flies as good as it looks too as I got first hand info from the Chief Test Pilot Paul Metz. If you search for this plane you will find a few videos of the test flights and comments of the pilot(s) who flew them. I believe I still have some professional pictures of this bird somewhere in my collection. I'll try to find them.
This model is a very good likeness of the real thing but, I think the price tag is a bit high. I doubt I will spend that much money on a foamy but, it comes with everything except receiver and battery. I would love to have a model of it even if I never flew it.

http://www.bananahobby.com/7-ch-blit...f-jet-arf.html

Garry
Feb 24, 2014, 01:25 PM

Does anybody have a vice I could use?

I need to pull an electric motor apart to replace a shaft and it's going to require a vice to get the job done. Does anyone with a better workshop than mine have one that I could use for about 10 minutes sometime?
Feb 24, 2014, 05:26 PM
I live in the Wedgwood area, I have a 4" bench vise that will probably work.
Feb 25, 2014, 01:24 AM
Thread OP
I used to have lots of vices but, I quit smoking and drinking and I'm too old to chase women so, I guess the answer is no. Sorry

RJ
Feb 25, 2014, 07:46 AM
Well now that's just sad Joe.
Apr 10, 2019, 12:47 AM
Thread OP
Bump
Jun 28, 2019, 12:51 AM
Thread OP

LIPO Battery Test - MUST READ

If you fly electric, especially EDF, you'll find this thread VERY interesting and informative. If you've noticed the latest battery packs for our aviation vehicles touting ever higher "C" ratings and have wondered if they are true (they aren't), then this is the place to find the TRUTH about LIPO batteries.

Start at page 1. and read the summaries and data tables and you will be enlightened ...and you're wallet may have more money in it.

Enjoy.

RJ

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Jun 28, 2019 at 10:32 PM.
Aug 08, 2019, 09:14 AM

Motor Comparison

I found this link super helpful when comparing motors. What is your go-to brand?
https://innov8tivedesigns.com/docs/A...otor-Chart.pdf

-Philip Mitchell

Quick Reply