Jan 25, 2013, 11:24 PM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
Thread OP
Discussion

Imac

Discuss this amazing aerobatic activity here.

RJ
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Apr 10, 2019 at 12:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2013, 05:47 PM
Thread OP

Cowtown IMAC

The Thunderbirds will host a 2 day IMAC event on Oct. 26 & 27, 2013 at our home field.
CD will be Rick Byrd.

Watch this thread for additional information.

RJ
Mar 11, 2013, 09:43 PM
Thread OP

IMAC Judging School

THE JUDGING SCHOOL SCHEDULED FOR 3/23/2013 HAS BEEN CANCELLED. Please check the IMAC web site.

Garry
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Mar 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM.
May 15, 2013, 04:42 PM
Thread OP
Good luck to our intrepid "team" of IMAC flyers who are headed to Crosby, TX and the Crosby True Turn Challenge.

Garry
Jul 30, 2013, 07:23 PM
Thread OP

Additional Contests in SC Region

There will be two IMAC "qualifiers" held at Thunderbird Field on Aug. 10 & 11. Each day is a separate, short, contest. Saturday's event will start around 12 noon and Sunday's contest start about 9AM finish about 1 PM.
The above is pending verification by the CD but, I pretty confident these times are accurate.

See you there,
Garry
Aug 15, 2013, 01:05 PM
Thread OP
There are 3 contests remaining in the South Central Region ...Sherman, OMAC in Newcastle, OK, and our Tbird contest in late Oct. I plan to make at least 2 of the 3. See you there?

Garry
Aug 15, 2013, 04:43 PM
How did the qualifiers go this past weekend?

Are the results posted anywhere? Any pictures?
Aug 17, 2013, 05:47 PM
Thread OP
I don't know if anyone was taking pictures but, the event went well. Benny Throne briefed me on the happenings.
You'll have to check the IMAC site (http://www.mini-iac.com/) for results as I didn't fly in this one and only stayed for a couple of hours on Sat.
On Sat. we had one "new to IMAC" pilot from the local area who flew an electric but, had overheating problems and dropped out. However, he said he will be back in Oct. with better equipment.
Ken Knotts had airplane troubles too and didn't complete the contest on Sat. I wasn't there Sunday so, I don't know how things went.

Garry
Aug 21, 2013, 11:09 PM
Thread OP
Hello boys, I'm back !!!!

Not that I'm flying any better but, I'm practicing and boy, do I need it. Hope to make Sherman on the 31st.

Garry
Aug 26, 2013, 10:40 PM

Imac

Hey Garry, what do I need to do to get into the IMAC crowd ? I figured I'm flying SPA so why not give this a shot. What aircraft would I need to get ? I've been loking at some 30cc to 50cc range. I've also seen a few from nitro planes that are 30cc. Thanks Frank
Aug 27, 2013, 12:24 AM
Thread OP
Hi Frank,
Just show up with a plane that will do the Basic maneuvers. There is no size limit except for that imposed by AMA for all planes. To participate in the Basic class, that's all you need to do. Oh, you might want to practice a bit before you jump in to a contest. Your SPA plane will do the maneuvers and I see no reason why you couldn't fly it in IMAC Basic class.
As you move up the ladder, there are more specific requirements but, not on the size of your plane. You can fly glow, gas, or electric providing they can stay in the air long enough to perform two back-to-back sequences.
Take a look at the IMAC web site (http://www.mini-iac.com/) and you'll learn a lot more than I can tell you here. There are videos of the maneuvers required for each class/category as well as sequence sheets, call sheets, rules and regs, etc.

Have you ever attended an IMAC contest? If not, join us in Sherman this weekend, or Newcastle, OK on 9/21 & 22, or at our Tbird event on Oct. 26 & 27.
If you have more questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them or get an answer for you.

BTW ...;if you've been flying SPA then you've been doing the maneuvers we do in iMAC. They are much the same but, the method of "application" differs. In SPA, you fly into the "box", do one maneuver, and exit the "box" to set up for the next maneuver. In IMAC, you enter the "box" and are required to do 10 different maneuvers in a row with no break ....and then you exit the "box" to set up for a second set of the same maneuvers. We also get to use a "caller" but, like SPA, you soon learn the sequence from practicing it so often.
Oh yeah, takeoffs and landings are not scored and this year there is a 2 turn spin required in the basic sequence.

Garry
Mar 11, 2014, 11:11 PM
Thread OP
FYI ..... The folks in Sherman are holding another clinic.
Mar 12, 2014, 02:57 PM
Thread OP

Texoma IMAC Clinic

Good info from Murry Adams:

First I would like to thank Doug and all the members of the Texoma Club for hosting the first event of the 2014 season. Training days not only help pilots improve their IMAC skills, they are a great way to help pilots with general airplane setup questions. The best way to learn about properly setting up an RC airplane is to work with someone who has competed for many years. Like any type of competition, IMAC pilots are constantly looking for an edge. Something, no matter how small, that will make their plane and scores better. It could be something minor like a piece of tape on the wing tip to help you see if your wings are level or an adjustment that helps a plane pull to a straight vertical line. I hope we can shortcut the learning process for new pilots by sharing information that took the old guys many years of trial and error to learn.

For Basic class and new pilots !!!!!! Please have your plane ready to fly. I'm not talking about painted and waxed, I'm talking about good batteries charged, check over bolts, screws, fuel tank lines, servo wires, PROP BOLTS, ect. This is your chance to receive helpful information. You don't want to spend all day working on your plane.

Lastly, I want everyone to have fun !! If we don't have fun, I consider this event a failure and I can tell you from experience, if you don't have a good time around Doug, Rosie, Mike, and the Texome guys, you just, well you know.

Please tell everyone to register so we have some idea what attendance to expect. Please tell everyone you know to join us for a fun day, and you just never know who might show up to help us.

Thank you, Murry

http://www.mini-iac.com/Home/Control...7/default.aspx
Sep 08, 2014, 02:38 PM
Thread OP

World Championship Coverage

Great coverage of the event. Congratulations to Thunderbirds Murry Adams and Rick Byrd for their fine showing at this event.

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=92204
Jan 11, 2019, 08:49 PM
Thread OP
What's new here?

Quick Reply