Feb 16, 2013, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
I'm using the atmega 8 , the circuit diagram will not work for the atmega8 , you need to download the pin diagram for the atmega8 and install the xl and power ....risitors. ...and then it will work the schematic is for the 48 and the atmega8 pins do not match.

and the analog circuit works just fine too maybe not as good as microcontroller. need to take off a few parts and it's 1 work for 2 batteries not 3 and it works fine with 2s batteries
Last edited by electrontube; Feb 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2013, 09:34 PM
hey Bruce abbot

I did successfully with atmega8 smd ( use crytal resonator )

I see ,LED on, when plug in output mtor brushed, LED off ,and when convert signal LED On ( version 0.6 )

Is it work that way?

pusle sinal is 1.1ms and 1.9ms ? why 50% joystick of tranmiter is motor start run , 100% jostick motor run 80% speed ?

I use esc brushless tunygy 30a .( I convert brushed to brushless for helicopter my f45 )

thank a lot
Mar 09, 2013, 01:39 AM
We want... Information!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasy1988
I see ,LED on, when plug in output mtor brushed, LED off ,and when convert signal LED On ( version 0.6 )
The LED will be fully on when the PWM input is at zero volts. When the motor PWM is connected the LED will vary in brightness depending on the PWM ratio (0% PWM = off, 100% = full brightness).

Quote:
why 50% joystick of tranmiter is motor start run , 100% jostick motor run 80% speed ?
Perhaps the PWM signal is distorted and not being properly measured. Measure the PWM input voltage with a multimeter and record the values for different stick positions. What voltages do you get at:-

Low throttle?
50% stick?
100% stick?
Mar 10, 2013, 09:18 AM
thanks BRUCE

led on/off by PWM signal

I am set up esc min THR and max THR , it is work well

I will make two circuit for my helicopter f45
Apr 18, 2013, 02:56 AM
Hy Bruce!

Could you please also make a FW for the Atmega8 using the internal oscillator (8MHz)? It would be really helpful...

edit. I don't need it anymore, as it is possible to flash the escs.
Last edited by Hasi; Apr 18, 2013 at 03:22 AM.
Apr 18, 2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi
Hy Bruce!

Could you please also make a FW for the Atmega8 using the internal oscillator (8MHz)? It would be really helpful...

edit. I don't need it anymore, as it is possible to flash the escs.
You should use external fluctuations, its stability

I met a lot of cases errors chip oscillator because frequency deviations

if you still want use internal oscillator 8mhz , yo need Fuse bit for atmega before load program
Oct 25, 2013, 11:27 PM
hello Bruce
I can increase speed the conversion ? software currently speeds slow ,so it is suitable for convert Motor main .
But motor taill is need speed quick
where is command line change speed convert in code ? I am not yet understand
Oct 27, 2013, 08:25 AM
We want... Information!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc my life
hello Bruce
I can increase speed the conversion ? software currently speeds slow ,so it is suitable for convert Motor main .
But motor taill is need speed quick
where is command line change speed convert in code ? I am not yet understand
To improve the response speed you can increase the servo output pulse frequency in the source code. Most ESC's can handle 200Hz.

Code:
.EQU	FRAMETIME = 10000-1 ; Servo pulse repetition period (40000=20mS) 
                            ; Reduce this value to increase frequency, 
			    ; eg. 10000 = 200Hz (OK for Hobbywing ESCs)
Apr 27, 2016, 08:28 AM

Udi u818s quadcopter

HI FOLKS, I HAVE THREE UDI U818S, MY NEIGHBOUR TOO...GREAT FUN BUT THE MOTORS ARE PRETTY RUBBISH...A COUPLE OF HOURS AND THEY ARE TOAST. THERES HUNDREDS OF THESE ABOUT.....HAS ANYONE CONVERTED ONE TO BRUSHLESS ?....PHYSICALLY LOOKS POSSIBLE, I'M A LAYMAN THOUGH SO FIND IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND THE TECH JARGON 1000mAh 3.7v x2.....THESE MOTORS ARE GEARED DOWN. I FOUND A THREAD SAYING THE LOAD SPEED IS 5200RPM AND 652 GRAM THRUST PER MOTOR, NOT SURE IF THATS CORRECT THOUGH.
MAYBE I SHOULD TRASH THE LOT AND START AGAIN...YOUR COMMENTS APPRECIATED.
Sep 22, 2016, 04:02 PM
Is there a way to do this conversion on say an inductrix that uses just +- connection for the motors
Sep 29, 2016, 03:17 PM

idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysis
A store-bought voltage - PWM converter (goes between the brushed ESC and the brushless ESC)
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3949

A thread doing similar things with a micro heli:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1500927

If you can find a PWM for each brushed ESC somewhere (on the controller board, or between the controller and ESC if they're off-board), you can just feed that straight into the brushless ESC.

Would this work for example on spracing brushed fc? If it could would save alot of space for me.

Quick Reply