Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 25, 2013, 08:19 PM
Discussion

Custom Bitzer 450

Wowsa ! , Never thought id spend so much money on a 450 Kit , well actually this was not really a kit , this is a collection of parts bolted together .

A Bitzer if you will , [ Bits of this n that = Bitzer ] or Bitzer 450

All up so far $117 + another few alloy parts ordered so lets call it $125 for the Bitzer 450 kit ..

Some pictures :

Hmmm , I guess its not to bad .. My last 450 ... No more after this , Im going to try real hard to keep to that ..
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 08:23 PM
WOS
WOS
Awesome! keep the picture and build going
Jan 26, 2013, 06:28 AM
Next I have to chose a Flybarless gyro ...
Feb 03, 2013, 09:44 PM
Closed Account
That really does look nice.

I learned my lesson though with the aluminum base plate and gear. I'm back to the plastic for those. I wish there were tuff skids also, instead of of the thin aluminum tubes.

I'll send you one of my ZYX-S gyros with programming adapter. PM me.
Feb 03, 2013, 09:55 PM

Yes

alloy landing gear invites damage , yes , one needs to land with care or stay away from the ground when flying ..

But they look so good ! Hopefully the other parts will be here soon , and this heli will be seriously plastic free ..
Feb 03, 2013, 10:00 PM
Closed Account
When the inevitable happens though, you are left with a base plate that has two or four broken off M2 screw shafts inside. If you blue threadlocked the screws, well have fun heating up the assembly and trying to extract what's left of the screws.
Last edited by eagle777; Feb 03, 2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Add a :) & BTDT etc
Feb 03, 2013, 10:21 PM

Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777
When the inevitable happens though, you are left with a base plate that has two or four broken off M2 screw shafts inside. If you blue threadlocked the screws, well have fun heating up the assembly and trying to extract what's left of the screws.
yeah , wow ... That is a pain , been there a few times .. ( Broken screws )

Hmmm , might be an idea to swap out the alloy bling landing gear and base plate for plastic before flying ( hmm that would be a shame ) Something to think about certainly ...

Super Bowl 31-29 ...
Feb 05, 2013, 09:40 PM

Ok

Remaining parts came ...

Vertical fin block , now alloy ..
Tail boom strut mounting block , now alloy ..

Quick Reply